Duramax in a 67 C-10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep.....my idea / suggestion....put it in.....

Seriously....why not.....a few mods to the suspension and beef up the frame a bit but shouldn't be a major surgery...... keep us posted...[P

Been a while since I've posted. Had to sell a my truck. I've now gotten a 67 C-10 that I'd like to put a Duramax in. Any ideas?

Sounds like a great idea. I have a 2012 Chevy 3500 with the Duramax and it is great, except for the fuel mileage. It has the DPF on it and take the exhaust fluid. Thinking of taking it all off.

Id Go cummins, and an older 24 valve (98-02) or even better, go for no computers and use a pre 98.
Heavier springs to handle the weight, and a built trans to match the power.
Check out 67-72 chevy trucks forum, I've seen these with diesels on the build threads, and they are pretty dang sweet!

Yep I would go with the 93 to 97 12 valve. Best engine ever made in my opinion. Mine has 404,000 miles and still gets 24.5 mpg when empty in the highway.

What ever you do, make sure to post up some pictures. I have often dreamed of dropping a diesel into something some day.

Latest posts

Back