E-Rattus E-Roddus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I turned my attention to the interior.
I took the seat, frame, and hardware from a riding lawn mower and installed it into the cab. I split the seat so I could get a more comfortable angle. The springs help to cushion the suspension. Works pretty well.
IMG_5898.jpg

I went ahead and made a center console. Mainly for an armrest.
IMG_5899.jpg

These are the seats that I will shoot for in the future except a little more my own style.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKjYE4CWQ-gDIBOJRRqv2Cg~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKjYE4CWQ-gDIBOJRRqv2Cg~~_3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 54
Thanks to Ron Pope at EZ Tbucket, I got my friction shocks in and had them mounted in no time. He's right, they work really well. Just the right amount of resistance.

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

I also got started on building something that would hold my Radiator, fan, grill, and headlights. I used the same a/c condensor that I made my grill insert out off. All aluminum. I can't believe this one condensor surround has been a source for so many "extra" parts that I have needed.
IMG_5875.jpg

The fan was part of the condensor as well, so I used the panel with the fan cutout to begin with and went from there.
I drilled all the holes around it to help with cooling.
Used the sides of the condensor for the sides of my bracket and cut to the right profile. Also the tabs help to stabilize my headlights.
IMG_5876.jpg

It's not perfect but it works.
Here is the side view.
I made some spacers for the radiator to mount to speed up the assembly process.
IMG_5877-1.jpg

With the grill
IMG_5896.jpg

Disassembled and painted
IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

I just noticed that my tailgate pictures got jacked on photobucket. Here they are. Sorry for being out of order.

Before
IMG_1610.jpg

During
IMG_1545RESIZE.jpg

IMG_1546RESIZE.jpg

After
IMG_1858RESIZE.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1861RESIZE.jpg

Before and After
IMG_1549RESIZE.jpg

Well not much to update. My Mustang radiator fell through this summer. I couldn't get it to stop over heating so a bought a 32 3 row aluminum. While I was there I decided to build an insert for my insert. My goal was to make it look similar to a Pines Winter front. Like this:
95fb_12_zps44eeb5c6.jpg

Of course I am not all that talented so I started making this out of 1/8" Plate and some 3/4" flat straping.
IMG_8717_zpsfaf24283.jpg

IMG_8716_zps0f057004.jpg

IMG_8715_zps51ec562d.jpg

IMG_8714_zps29bac266.jpg

I still need to add a 1/4" round stock around the outside to make it look right and to fill in the gaps.

Hey Rusty

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Ron Pope and his T bucket stuff. Actually thinking about getting some of his stuff for my next build. How does the quality seem to be?

MikeC

You have given me a TON of good ideas to use on my ride! I am really fighting chopping mine, the original plan was to leave it, but I am also going to be running a 6-7" ride height from the bottom of the cab, not channeling it, and I think I might need to chop it. I am hoping pushing the grill and wheelbase a little longer will make up for the height. The wood over the seat riser and using that as a mounting base = jackpot for me, I couldn't figure out how to make a bomber seat work well with my original riser, now i know! Keep up the awesome work! [P[cl

I started working on a bed cover slash bed floor. The frame is 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 angle with some bracing. I added a piece of 3/4" Birch plywood for the top.
IMG_0147_zpsfd00d005.jpg

IMG_0151_zps0b380117.jpg

Then I added some strips that I routed to make it look at little vintage.
IMG_0152_zpsd177531b.jpg

Threw some stain, poly, old door handle, and toolbox shocks and I'm done.
IMG_0308_zpsaeff9386.jpg

IMG_0310_zps86e7928b.jpg

IMG_0309_zps72772c2c.jpg

I drive it all the time. I try to limit my big projects to a few a year so I don't have it broke down and miss any opportunitys of driving. The smaller projects, like this, I can squeeze in whenever. Currently, I am working on side windows so I can drive more in the winter. As it is I drive a lot when it is 100 degrees plus.

Latest posts

Back