earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was on eBay a few years back... I remember the listing, cause it said something like "if you win the auction and can identify all the different makes that went into the body I will give you 500 off or something like that.

I thought it was a cool looking car when I saw it ... Still think it looks good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xxRp1zFxKBY#at=299

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rat-rod-1024x576.jpg
    Rat-rod-1024x576.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 371
Don't know if anyone has posted this car before.
I may have but can't remember.
This is Ken Ranford's 'Lil Boy from Vancouver Canada.

6" chopped top, 392 Hemi, blown by 2 vintage ’57 McCulloch superchargers, ’30 Ford coupe. Rolling on 21” fronts and 19” rears it has no front brakes and the rear brakes are hand operated ( not foot ). Fuel is carried in a bomber oxygen bottle, the tail lights are from a ’36 Desoto, the frame has lightening holes and the full belly pan is louvered.

DSC02852.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

db_IMG_049AA2.jpg
db_IMG_050AAA2.jpg

Inside the gauges are housed in ’40 Ford heater housing, it has a swing away steering wheel, a removable top insert and only 2 petals. (clutch & gas)

DSC01668.jpg

db_IMG_0182AA2.jpg

Will the front spring work like this, i don't really see why it wouldn't but never seen it before soooo?

Will the front spring work like this, i don't really see why it wouldn't but never seen it before soooo?

The spring should work OK but the shackle angles are questionable. I think it would work better if they were upright or at a 45 but then a Panhard rod would be needed. The way it is now, when the axle moves up, it will be trying to stretch the spring lengthwise, though it will stay centered without a Panhard rod. Probably not an issue with this car since it's really more of a fairground cruiser.. an awesome one at that....

Latest posts

Back