Efi fuel lines help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Wallbanger

No spot for gas tanks on here so i guess the engine area will have to do.

I`m getting ready to mount my dual jerry can gas tanks but I`m having a hard time figuring out how to attach lines. I would run a few pieces of steel line right off the bottom with a bubble flare or some barb fittings to hose clamp some rubber line to but I`m reading rubberline doesnt work well with efi unless I want to sale the rod when I`m done to pay off the bank for all the money I loaned to pay for AN fittings and line. The plan is steel hard line(3/8) fuel and return on the frame rail then I wanted to run rubbers up the firewall to the injectors. same at the back cause I`ll need a : line in , line out, vent , cross over(since its two tanks) and I plan to run a sight glass gauge. not to mention fitting a fuel filter and inline pump some where. I have the factory line off the ranger and they are like a nylon but the ideah of 20 year old lines seems bad. here is a super high tech state of the art diagram of what would be nice to do. also why do the make hipressure hose clamps if you shouldnt userubber?

Attachments

• Fule line.jpg
    Fule line.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 21
Not an expert, but id think you would want to use a good quality hose and keep them as short as possible.

They have rubber line rated for EFI. I used aluminum line on a lot of my builds, just have to make sure they done move, clamp them with the rubber inserts in the clamp.

I just plumbed an old Gran Torino fuel system. I spent quite a bit to do it with cell, pumps, stainless braided lines (supply and return), AN fittings and an Edelbrock filter. The motor is an '02 Lightning 5.4 S/C.

I would think you could easily have four high pressure rubber lines (about 4-6" each) made up with some pipe fittings crimped on both ends, and then you could easily finish off the lines in aluminum clamped with the rubber isolator clamps.
Atleast then you can get all the fitting you would need through any local hardware store.

You can mount the pump and filter directly inline with one another close to the tank.
I think my entire fuel system was about $350, but I was running about 18' in each direction with the braided line.

I used the entire system off a 90 Trans Am when I put the Tune Port in my 66 C10 short bed. Didn't even have to cut a line.
Go to the salvage and remove them, rubber lines, fuel filter and all.
If you need longer lines get them off a full size car.

good ideas floating around

like I said I only planned on maybe 1' of rubberto connect to the tanks then the factors hoses. would be nice if I could find some metal AN fitting to weld to the bottom of my tanks but I guess I`ll throw sme standard pipe thread nipples on there since I atleast know adapters are available. I have the factory lines still so I might have to go with that. shame to ugly up this sweet frame haha. Also aluminum lines were just mentioned but speedway lables the as not for high pressure.

60 psi is not hi pressure 600 # for brake lines is.
They just don't want some yaehoo to use it as brake lines :(

Dual gastanks venting

Since there will be a crossover on the bottom do I need two vents ? I was gonna run the fuel out and return out of one and vent out of the other.

Since there will be a crossover on the bottom do I need two vents ? I was gonna run the fuel out and return out of one and vent out of the other.

Yes, I would think it wouldnt fill or drain properly otherwise.Without a vent if you filled one then it couldnt equalize and trap a big bubble in the second tank or vice verse wont let the gas out.its important to have the tanks at the same height too.

I thought so

They set on the same cross member so they are even height . And I figured on having dual vents or one vent tee'd ,efi is a nightmare! Anyway to stop gas fumes poring out when parked?

Latest posts

Back