Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sound familiar.....

2 shifts= 3 arrests, 2 trips to the clink, 8 complaint forms, 1 gerstien affidavit, 2 bail breeches, 3 warrants, 1 AG DWI, 1 domestic, 1 OP after, 4 wheelers on the road, and 38 pgs of paperwork! all in a town of 2800 people. fun times had by all![cl

When I first started in this town the population was about the same and the police department was considered a bunch of hicks and people did whatever they wanted..... got a new chief, some new indians and settled the city down a bit..... wasn't easy.... took a few years to get peoples attention...but it worked....we are now considered the safest city in the county....sounds like you're cutting your teeth the hard way....keep up the good work....[cl

Come to find out......there is an a book!!!

It's a Guy Thing: An Owner's Manual for Women

no joke, it's sold by amazon .... not sure what's in it but I'm sure it would be some interesting reading...... Lord don't tell my wife I put this in!!:eek:

The main thing to know is just doing what she want's you to do is not enough.
That's not enough to ever satisfy her. You have to convince her that you REALLY want to do it with her/for her. Your buds may hang out with you because they have nothing better to do and that is fine with you but that attitude won't fly with a wife or gf. And they will never explain this to you!
If she has been nagging about something, just doing it to shut her up is never enough.You are required to convince her that you finally see that she was right all along and that you are sorry you didn't appreciate her advice. See how this works? It is never just OVER.At least while the relationship is actually just a power struggle. Like the dog whisperer says "somebody has to be the pack leader".

Last edited:
From a man doing 30 to life with the same woman, I would offer the "Art" is allowing them the to live in the delusion of being in charge.

;)

:D:D:D

What a woman really needs from a relationship is usually nothing close to what she thinks she wants.

We have the 50/50 marriage idea in the U.S. We also have the 50% divorce rate. Actually taking the whole lifetime into consideration it's more like 75%.
I admire George Lucas. He has kids that call him Dad and no woman is trying to turn them against him. He still has everything he worked for and he won't be splitting that with someone that hates him.I recommend Asian women as potential wives or even a wife from the old countries if you are up to wearing the pants. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we all talk a good game but......

When it comes down to it......... what wifey wants...she usually gets..... it's the natural order of things...... (it also makes our lives much more enjoyable)...LOL :)

Here is some BS for you. A few weeks back the wind blew a large section of shingles off my roof. I have a $1000.00 deductable on my insurance. I had a roofer come out who gave me a $2000.00 estimate. My Insurance company, who's intitials are Farmers Insurance, could not get an adjuster out for 3 weeks, finally shows up and writes me a check for $150.00. I told the lady it was an insult. She pretty much told me that is the way it is. Like it or lump it. I called my agent before she was down the driveway, and explained that my homeowners policy, as well as insurance for 8 vehicles was getting ready to go down the road, after 35 years of premiums paid. And he told me he wouldn't blame me one bit. He made some calls, and oddly enough, I had a new adjuster there the next day. He wrote me a check for $1100.00 more.
So this is the way it is. Raise heck with them and get what they owe you, or set back and take what they give.

Totally unrelated, but yesterday, my wife shows me where our trash service bill went up from $30.00 per moth to $44.00 per month with the addition of a container fee, and fuel surcharge. She calls them up and they say they have gotten alot of complaints about the container fee, (dumpster), and they would be happy to take that fee off our bill.
Basically not to have it on the bill now or ever.
Was this a camo job to hide the fuel surcharge, or a scam to see how many people read the bill?
What is this world coming to?
(Rant over, thanks.)

When i had a land line i had to check the bill closely because they would regularly be trying to overcharge me.How about the major grocery chains?
You have to have their discount card or you won't get the "savings". Of course there are no savings, without the card you simply get overcharged.
Like a woman going to get her car repaired. It is just a fact of life that she will cheated. A local tv station put a camera in a new a/c unit, pulled a wire off and called several repair companies. They filmed all but one find the loose wire and then tell the owner they had to have a new compressor.

I just switched dumpster providers after 11 yrs with comp #1. in 5 months they went from $52/m to $96/m. after going around with them for a couple of weeks I gat them back to $62/m. then they want a 3yr contract that has no price cap. basically I agree to pay whatever they charge for no less than 3 yrs. I said no thanks and went with thier competitor for $50/m. no contract and they are a family owned local unit. So now my dumpster is brown and not green.

A radio guy here came up with a mythical town called Garage Logic, located in Gumption County.
He also developed the FFLF. Female Fun Limitation Factor. Essentially it means that women don't want their men to have too much fun, especially without them. Here's two examples of what women will do:

You are a garage rat. Love to work in the garage and spend time there with the guys. You come home from work and the wife says she rearranged all your tools on the peg board. You have to thank her, but she knows it irritates you that she did it.

If you go to a swap meet or car show, DON'T come home and tell her what a great time you had. You'll pay for it later. Instead, tell her the traffic was bad, there weren't any good parts, everything cost too much and you wish you would have stayed home with her.

I've been married 46 years.

Latest posts

Back