Ever have one of them nights?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
Here's my daily driver. Nothing special...186K miles, 4 cylinder 5 speed....still gets 28 to 30 mpg.....a perfect car for running 40 miles one way to work. I bought it 3 years ago as a rebuildable and have less then a grand total into it (car and parts)....like I said a perfect go to work car.

ImportedPhotos00036.jpg

Coming home from work Monday night...like I said, I drive 40 miles one way and I was 39 and 7/8 miles away from work....about 50 yards from turning in my driveway, and all of a sudden...there he was............came over the guard rail from the left and was pretty much in full run.....a 6 to 8 point buck.

I missed him with the front of the car, but he didn't miss the side of my car.....got the front fender right behind the front tire, front of the door, the antlers hit the windshield and broke it, and then his butt swung around and got my quater panel. When I looked in the rear view mirror, he was favoring his left rear leg a little, but for the most part, he was still digging hard to get the heck away from what ever just happened.

ImportedPhotos00038.jpg

ImportedPhotos00040.jpg

ImportedPhotos00041.jpg

The car actually looks good in the above pics. When I got in the driveway I couldn't open the door..had to do my best Bo Duke impression and climb out the window. To get it where I could use the door, I had to manipulate the molecular structure of the metal (beat some of the dent out and twist the heck out of it) at the back of the front fender and then re fasten the bottom of the fender.

I figure I rebuilt the car once already, so I can do it again, and I guess I shouldn't complain... it could have been a lot worse (those antlers could have come through the side window where I was sitting), but because he kept going, I didn't even get fresh venisen in exchanged for a wrecked car.

Deer!

A guy that I work with had a SUV... picked up his kids & for some reason they decided to sit back in the 3rd row of seats. He was cruising down the road & a deer ran across the road in front of him... jumped & went through the front drivers window in front of him & exited the car in the second seating passenger window. We has scraped up, had glass & deer hair all over his face but other than that... just his car was hurt. If his kids had been in the 2nd row of seats... who knows! Nearly scared him to death! Still scares me to think about it... h definitely could have been killed!

Glad u're alright!!!

BoB

Too Close....

Glad your OK, Ron.
Your right, it could have been much worse.
Had a buddy hit one head on with a Honda Civic, brought the car home for
him on a trailer.
And I had a very close, non contact encounter, around Burns, Oregon on
my motorcycle with both a bull and a deer about 2 miles apart. :eek: '22

Glad your ok. It was not a deer,But one of the biggest Coyotes I have ever seen got wacked last night on my way to work.Pa is one of my favorite hunting states.Gods Country.Where there are more deer than Domestic Animals.I hunted there from the 80's throughout the 90's.Spent alot of time in both Tioga county and Potter as well.

Good it didn't go through the windshield. Don't know about PA, but we need a longer season around here.

I got a little Bambi in a Civic once. Lucky I was in the city and only going about 25. Several of my rural route living co-workers have got venison this year. Iowa is thick with 'em.

Last year a co-worker hit a herd of horses. Killed 5, split one in half, painted the car red, and put one horses heart in the passenger seat. Crushed the guys face and arms. He was awake when they got to him and is back to work now.

I guess you could say "the BUCK stops here."..............sorry, I couldn't help myself. :eek::D:D Glad you weren't hurt when that happened. A guy I worked with one time hit a big deer and his hoofs came through the windshield. The guy was strapped in by his seatbelt and the deer keep kicking him in the face and removed a bunch of his teeth before he got away from it. Those things can kill you real quick.

Don

The guy was strapped in by his seatbelt and the deer keep kicking him in the face and removed a bunch of his teeth before he got away from it.

I know that's not funny, but thats dang funny! :eek:

By the topic of the thread, I was expecting something about waking up married to a 'beer goggles bar closer babe'.

A driver had 2 run full on under his rear tandems last night - no damage (to the trailer!) so he isn't getting charged for an accident.

Drive safe today.

another deer story

My tow man's wife was driving home a year ago in her Avalanche, was almost home when a deer ran out in front of her. She hit it and it went clear through the windshield. Her and her son were ok, only sustaining minor injuries, but the entire inside of the truck was covered in deer guts, blood and hair. By the time the insurance company came out a week or so later, it was a total loss. You just can't get rid of that smell, even after changing out the interior. (Another non-deer story backs that up.)

Glad to hear you weren't hurt, Ron. Gotta go huntin' for that buck!

Happy Thanksgiving!

440shorty

Like I said, it could have been worse....especially after reading some of the other stories here. Sure glad the thing didn't come in the side window......or worse kick me in the head (I've taken enough blows to the head in my life...don't need Bambi adding to it)

here a good one,, the local bar owners son, riding home one night on his sportster, turned to look left and woke up in the hospital,, they said he hit a deer head on the antler pierced his nose and had to be removed, OUCH!!!,
messed him up bad, good thing hes mean as a devil or he might have not made it,, Just goes to show how good the mercy of god can be even to the worst!!

Hey Ron, glad you weren't hurt. Your car can be fixed. My wife's Aunt hit a 300lb wild boar one time that totaled her car. Almost like hitting a rock.

Yeah ,and stay out of go-carts too.:D

Latest posts

Back