Exhaust baffles.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baffles!

Sniper,
I used motorcycle baffles from JC Whitney. They cut the sound down just enough to keep the boys in blue away but if u get down on the throttle... it's still pretty loud & I've never been stopped!

Baffles from JCW!

BoB

Attachments

• G_16266G_SW_1.gif
    G_16266G_SW_1.gif
    6 KB · Views: 25
  • zoom.jpg
    zoom.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 31
cadillac engine

Hi Sniper - I noticed your selection of engine. I have an '87 FWD 4.1 Cadillac that I'm prepping for RWD use - I'll start a thread on it as soon as what I'm doing works - it will be useful to you if it does!

I'm also going for the motorcycle baffles - I have a 461 Olds big block with zoomies and no baffles - too loud!!

440shorty

I know this isn't for the application you are using. But on my 250 6 cylinder with 1 1/2" straight pipe headers I used VW exhaust tips they fit right inside the pipes and quieted it down. Kind of sounds like a 6 cylinder VW.

002-24.jpg

440shorty: Yes for sure, I'll be keeping an eye out for your Caddy engine posts. I planned on doing the same, posting what will, and won't work. I'm sure there is going to be some trail and error involved.;) I like the engines, they produce a lot of power for the size, and remain very "streetable". Considering the weight they push around, sticking one in a light hot rod should be just about hairy enough for this old dude.

dmw56: I never thought of the VW baffles, I suppose a guy could dissect one,:eek: and scale it up to the size that would fit your needs.:) Sniper

Latest posts

Back