fiberglass hood ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a glass hood made for the 32 ford truck. And all but one of the 4 corners fits fine. On the edge, of the drivers side next to the cab the glass hood springs out away from the body. I can force it in place and secure it with the Zues fastener. But I wondering is there an easy way to get the hood to roll in. Can you heat the glass, say with a PVC heat gun and get it to take the shape I need? I hate to have to cut the hood on that one edge, and weaken it. HELP please.

A friend of mine bought 4 glass fenders for his Chevy pickup from Superior. They didn't come close to fitting. He called Superior and they told him to put a heat lamp on the area and when it was warm to apply pressure to get the fenders, etc. to fit. It worked just as they said it would. You could put a ratchet hold down strap on the hood and heat that corner and gradually tighten the strap until the desired shape is achieved. It's worth a try. Good luck with the hood on your hot & nasty truck!

A friend of mine bought 4 glass fenders for his Chevy pickup from Superior. They didn't come close to fitting. He called Superior and they told him to put a heat lamp on the area and when it was warm to apply pressure to get the fenders, etc. to fit. It worked just as they said it would. You could put a ratchet hold down strap on the hood and heat that corner and gradually tighten the strap until the desired shape is achieved. It's worth a try. Good luck with the hood on your hot & nasty truck!

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back