Ford auger drive

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so happens I took these pictures in Billings, Montana. Just don't fall off when it going or you'll get screwed. :D :eek:

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

This was back when people invented things. I remember Popular Mechanics magazine always had crazy stuff like this in it. People turned cars into mowers, snowmobiles, all kinds of things. Back then it seemed everyone had some goofy creation they were building in their garage. Nowadays people don't invent stuff anymore and that is sad. We've become so used to the plastic offerings from Walmart that good old American homebuilt steel contraptions don't exist now.

I miss those days when things like this auger snowmobile thingie were pretty commonplace. :( No wonder the Chinese and others are moving ahead so fast.

Don

That thing is crazy looking!!! What's it used for?..and yes you would only fall off once!!!!..CR

Did you the link to the video in the OP? Seems to show up where there was lots of snow.

This is a 16mm demo film of the Armstead Snow Motors Company concept snow vehicle. It was filmed in 1924. The concept is applied to a Fordson tractor and a Chevrolet automobile. The original film is part of the collections of the Archives of Michigan. The text of the original patent is at: tinyurl.com/ckmj3o

Newer version - Russian ZIL video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uynmApjhWI&feature=related

Latest posts

Back