G'Day from Australia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermung

G'day from Australia fellas...
First post on this forum, so I thought I'd do the right thing, put it in the appropriate place & introduce myself..
My name's Glenn & I have a disease with no known cure... The love of rusty metal [dr...
I live on the East coast of Oz & I'm into all things wheel related, but I'm really digging what's coming out of the 'dark side' of the hobby. I have numerous vehicles in various states of repair & plan to build my own version of my avatar once I have collected enough bits & pieces, (so if my avatar is YOUR ride, then please don't growl me out & take it as a compliment !)
I joined that 'other forum' (you know the one... where the words RAT & VW are prohibited), only to find that it may have been the wrong choice... Really, if I build what I LIKE, then who is that says you can't share it 'here' because it's 'not traditional' & doesn't 'conform to our ideas'... Surely, isn't that how 'Hot Rodding' started in the first place?... Non conformity & daring to be different? Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on them for their ideas as a lot of them REALLY know their ship & build awesome rides, but I just don't want to be frowned upon for enjoying what I want to like... What's the first rule of your US. constitution?.... Anyhow, I'll get down off the podium now. [cl
Back to rides... This is my baby.. 1959 Dodge Coronet D500 with less than 60k miles from new.. Hardly RAT material, but a sweet ride never the less.

Recently picked up the front half of this 1937 Willys Tourer also, then got the lower rear half of an Aussie sedan to (nearly) complete the body, but as this is also a rare vehicle in Australia, I see this one more as a resto rod eventually.

Ok Guys, thanks for hanging in there... Now to RAT material... My latest brought home's are a really sunburnt (but solid) 1950 International L-160 cab, 1939 Dodge truck grille & fender supports, early I beam (Dodge I think?) & a couple of matching headlights with squarish backs (like a saucepan) that I have no idea what they're off? I have to go back out the desert to get an early 30's Dodge truck chassis I found to hang it all on in the next few weeks, so I should be able to start on 'The Ratbag' soon...!

Thanks for listening Fellas.... Ears bleeding yet? lol :p

Hello and Welcome to RRR, from northern Alberta, Canada.
I have always been a fan of late fifties Dodges and yours is tops; and black to boot, wow. [dr[cl
It seems that on this forum the build is what's important and you have a lovely start on an interesting build.
Keep us updated please.

welcom from ontario canada. like you said theirs probably not much of this stuff over their. but Im guessing anything you do find has no rot or majior rust.

Thankyou all

welcom from ontario canada. like you said theirs probably not much of this stuff over their. but Im guessing anything you do find has no rot or majior rust.
Thanks to all.... Looks like there's quite a few 'Fin Fans' here as well. I've been in love with late 50's fins since I was about 12 year old when I saw my first Dodge [dr... I always said 'One day I'll own one of them'... It's only taken half a lifetime, but all god things come to those that wait I suppose?
In Australia, we do have our fair share of rusty, rotted out classics that have been found way too late for preservation... Like every country, it depends where they are located. Anything within 100miles of the coast will suffer a slow, cancerous death eventually, but those located in the upper (tropical) wet areas will dis-integrate VERY rapidly indeed if not under cover.
The stuff located inland in the arid, desert areas will last eons with little trouble.
Don't worry Guys, I like pix too, so I'll be sure to share photos whenever I can
Glenn

Latest posts

Back