Got a new daily driver !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
Work has been crazy lately and I've not had any time for my Willys but last weekend I took a day off and drove 250 miles to pick up a new daily driver. My work calls for a van and I've driven Chevy Vans for the past 26 years but have never owned a new one though. Bought my first one, a '79 with 350 and a three speed on the column in 1985 and proceeded to put 114,000 miles on it over the next 11 years. Then came an '86 that I drove for 9 years and racked up 95,000 miles and then a '95 GMC that I've put 54,000 miles on. The GMC is getting pretty rough and I began loosing reverse a couple months ago and it's now to the point that it won't back up unless it's on level ground or down hill :eek:

So I went looking for a replacement. I don't care much for the newer "Express" vans but with '95 being the last year for the old body style, it's getting hard to find a clean one. But every now and then ya just get lucky.

'95 Chevy G20 3/4 Ton

newvan1.jpg

newvan2.jpg

......Good clean van with ladder racks and bulkhead

newvan3.jpg

.......and the best part, snapped this pic on the way home

abouttoturn25000Large.jpg

Hard to believe less than 25,000 miles on a '95 but Carfax and Autocheck both showed emissions and safety inspections every two years with mileage recorded. The spare tire appears to be the original and shows no sign of ever having a lug nut on it....

newvan5.jpg

Plus all the normal wear spots like pedals, steering wheel, shift knob etc. look like a 25,0000 mile vehicle......drives like one too!

However the caps and steelies had to go as soon as I got it home.....

newvan6.jpg

Yeah, that looks better :cool:

I paid more than I wanted to but there should be a lot of running left in this one. Still I can't complain much about price because counting this one I've spent $11,700 on vans since 1985 which comes out to $37.50 a month.....not a bad car payment if you ask me :D It's the $50-60,000 worth of gas I've ran through them that hurts to think about :eek:

Good score man!!! Nearly impossible to find anything (that old) with such little mileage!

Hard to beat a van, for working out of too....

dump a 6.0L and a 4L80E in it and never have an issue again! nice clean van too![cl

Latest posts

Back