Hello From ChicagoLand

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fe2O3

My 1st Car was a '64 ss Chevelle that I bought in 1974, we didn't call then "Projects" back the. My was reffered to as a POS when I brought it home. I had the 283 & Powerglide out and a 427 and a 400 trans. installed within 6mos. No small feet on a high school kids, grocery stockboy wages. That car never got out
primer.

I've owned about 30 cars & trucks since then, but I've never forgotten the fun I had with that Chevy.

So I find myself mid-agged crazy looking for a Ratty Roadster to turn back the hands of time if only for a few miles at a time. Looking forward to talking & maybe learning a thing or two from you folks.

Frank

Welcome - I am new to this forum as well but I think you will enjoy the time you spend here. Gook luck in finding you next ride. Plenty of advice here if you ask for it and great ideas in the build and tech sections.
Jim

BTW - I lived in Chicago in the 60's. I was driving a '63 Chev 2 door post, icebox white with a 409 and muncie 4 speed. Was able to blow the Dodge Boys off with no trouble.

Thanks Jim. I've been lurking around a bit getting some ideas here & there.

I had a buddy that had one of those "Rock crushers" in his 65 nova behind a 327. That trans was just sweet. :cool:

With working two jobs, my other hobbies, dogs, guns and a honey doo list a mile long, I'm looking for a roadster that's turn key. I want one to drive and then personalize as I go.

Thanks Dark

For now just looking. I'm selling off some of my weapons cashe to finance my
purchase. Might even get lucky and find a Rat Rodder that's a gun nut too and work a deal :)

I am having fun already, been reading the build threads, very impressive stuff.

Welcome aboard Fe203, Great crowd here. We actually picked up our project west of Chicago a ways. The guy mentioned that there was an event at a fair grounds every year that drew in so many Rats that they have to close the gates. Are you familiar with this? Guess I need to give him a call.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard Fe203, Great crowd here. We actually picked up our project west of Chicago a ways. The guy mentioned that there was an event at a fair grounds every year that drew in so many Rats that they have to close the gates. Are you familiar with this? Guess I need to give him a call.

Welcome!

I think it is about the 2nd weekend in October. A couple guys from my area went last year and had a blast.

Latest posts

Back