Hello from KY!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Buckets

Hello everybody! My name is Travis, I'm from eastern KY. I love old cars and trucks. I love the "rat rod" look, back yard builders doing what they love with what they have. I love that these old beasts are getting pulled from barns and junk yards and saved instead of being crushed. I just purchased what will be my first build. I haven't got it to my place yet due to the weather but will hopefully have it this coming week. It's a 1946 Ford truck, tons of work to do, the frame is unusable and I need to find a hood. Talked the guy down to $300 I think I got it cheap enough.

Attachments

• 46 Ford.jpg
    46 Ford.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 46 Ford 2.jpg
    46 Ford 2.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 46 Ford 3.jpg
    46 Ford 3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3
It still has the original flat head in it. I think I'm going to do this as sort of a shop truck style. I think I'm going to put it on a Ranger frame. I have a couple choices for engines. My friend has a wrecked thunderbird that only had 35k on it the 4speed automatic had just been rebuilt due to it setting around so much then becoming a daily driver. 500 miles after the rebuild he wrecked it, its just been setting around so i can pretty much take whatever I want from it. The seats in it are perfect, black and gray buckets 6 way power. It had the 5.0 H.O.

Welcome Travis to RRR from NC. $300.00 is a great deal from what I see in the pics. [cl[cl Be sure to post a thread in the build section with plenty of pictures.[P

Have fun and build her safe.

Good buy. If you aren't using the flathead you probably can sell it for more than you paid for the truck.Welcome and hope you feel at home here. You posted pics before any of us could ask, you will fit right in here.

Thanks guys, not sure if the motor is build worthy from what I understand it's been setting for several years in the weather without a hood. I have an idea of what I want to do with it. So I'm thinking of doing this whole ride in brown primer.

Latest posts

Back