Hello From South New Jersey

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarecrow

Hello to all. Way cool web sight. Nice positive vibe. I dig all manner of rides & the efforts put forth by their owners. But I like Rats the best. Speaking for myself only, Rats represent total creative freedom using talents, material, recourses & vehicle at hand.

As for my ride all I can say is that I have wanted a ‘61 Special since the first time I saw one when I was in high school. Plus I am partial to 4 doors. It has an all aluminum 215 CI V8 & 2 speed “Dual Path” auto tranny. I freshened up the motor with new heads, lifters, rebuilt carb & one wire alternator. Also replaced shocks & rebuilt the entire brake system. Added genuine Fox Craft skirts, trim rings and chrome acorn nuts for wheel treatment.. Other than that it’s just the way I found it. Runs and rides real fine. I love it.

Attachments

• IMAG0559.jpg
    IMAG0559.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to RRR!

You sir, must be a liar. Nobody likes four doors. The word is, they aren't cool. :rolleyes: Sweet ride.

Welcome from Southeast MI.....

Sweet ride....like the skirts.....and moredoors are just fine when done up properly....like yours....

Hello to all. Way cool web sight. Nice positive vibe. I dig all manner of rides & the efforts put forth by their owners. But I like Rats the best. Speaking for myself only, Rats represent total creative freedom using talents, material, recourses & vehicle at hand.

As for my ride all I can say is that I have wanted a ‘61 Special since the first time I saw one when I was in high school. Plus I am partial to 4 doors. It has an all aluminum 215 CI V8 & 2 speed “Dual Path” auto tranny. I freshened up the motor with new heads, lifters, rebuilt carb & one wire alternator. Also replaced shocks & rebuilt the entire brake system. Added genuine Fox Craft skirts, trim rings and chrome acorn nuts for wheel treatment.. Other than that it’s just the way I found it. Runs and rides real fine. I love it.

Mark,

That's the Koolest ,61 Special in the whole world !!!!!! Did you keep the vintage hula girl air stinker on the mirror like you promised ?????

Frank

Latest posts

Back