Hello from Virginia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFinder75

First off, i love the site and have always admired rods put together from other parts. I am gathering ideas from all of you and trying to figure out just what will be the most fun and something that i can do myself. I am pretty good with most mechanicals, not very good with paint, and love anything with attitude. Pretty much the idea of a true rat. I also see that here on the east coast there are less good projects to choose from so that may be an issue as well. The original plan was to put my Jeep up as trade for a '28-'32 coupe or 2 door sedan roller with a chop and sitting on a usable frame. But after seeing what they go for that may not be possible. Next idea I would be just as happy building would be the less expensive '28-'54 truck cab on a shortened chassis to get the coupe stance. Keep up the inspiration and I hope to be joining you all one day with a proper rod.[P

Hello and welcome.There is plenty of stuff out there.I believe the best deals are half done projects,that someone gives up on,ect.I see stuff like that all the time on c-list

welcome

SF "Look for a 20's-30's 4 door even - usually cheaper and they can be cut down."
that is what l did on my 4 door sedan.[;)

BF75 " I am pretty good with most mechanicals, not very good with paint."
sounds like a lot of us here:)

enjoy the site, do some looking around to get ideas...a ton of them on the build portion of this great site.

Later :cool:

Welcome from New Mexico.
Take a vacation and come out here and you can find something for sure.
Lots of good solid old vehicles around.

Thanks for the support, I agree that an unfinished project is my best bet, frame design might get me in trouble but at this point I am not going to shy away from it. Love the model A style front ends, very classic, only body i want to see is the cab of whatever, open engine and bits all the way. The guy north of me in northern Va has almost exactly what i want except it's a T, for some reason the body shape is not what i like. Oh well, the right one will turn up somewhere. Trust me, i will be back here everyday searching, reading, and learning.

Welcome to RRR!!!!!

I feel you on the scarcity of (cheaper) projects over here on the east coast... but I will say if you seek you shall find. I came across my 64 Chevy for what I thought was cheap and I have seen several since then that were cheaper... it's all about timing. There is a lot of good old steel up your way, I've come across it, but not been close enough to nab it.... CL is definitely worth the time searching, you will come across a bunch of over priced stuff, but every one in a while you'll find someone hurting for money, or getting a divorce, or moving and they can't take their project with, and that's where you can score BIG!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back