Hello from Wollongong

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obk73

Hello all, I am Geoff from Wollongong, NSW Australia. Just joined and thought I should introduce myself. I own a 63 Valiant, 73 VW Kombi and my rat project is my 1965 Valiant wagon which I saved from being smashed up in a smash up derby. It sat in a paddock for quite a few years and after the rats were chased out of the interior, it was brought to me sight unseen from about 5 hours drive. I haven't done much with it at the moment other than source a few bits and pieces and searching the net for directional ideas. I plan on leaving the marvellous patina outside except for the rust holes that I will repair and be just rusted panels (no holes). I don't know why it took me so long to find this site but glad I have as there appears to be some great knowledge here. I would like to rat my VW bus but the Mrs isn't satisfied but I think it will be sad to lose its patina. Its closer to getting on the road which was the plan then do the body - I just might not get around to that!

G'day Geoff, there are quite a few of us from down under on here. Your right, it's a great site. I have a 77 Kombi camper project along with a 37 Willys sedan, 40 Ford pick up and my 9yo son has a 68 Beetle.
Welcome aboard!

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks

Yeah I'm putting a pics up soon but just thought I'd better say hello and start to be involve rather than just register and not be a proper part of this site. Scanning through I noted a few from down this side of the world. Thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back