Hello

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72corv3tt3

I thought I should drop in and introduce myself. My name is Brian and I recently bought a 37 International that I am going to start build shortly. I am fairly new when it comes to rat rods, but am getting ready to dive in head first.

Well keep us posted as you do. And you might as well get good at posting pictures, because just like most books, these threads are worthless without pictures.

Welcome to the site.

Well I guess I will have to get the pics off of my camera then. All have have available right now is a rough frame that I was designing, but I have now decided that I need to rework it.
screenshot.jpg

HEY! That program says 'FOR ACADEMIC USE ONLY'. :D Does that program allow for stress calculations?

No COSMOS was an extra hundred bucks that I did not feel like paying. Anyways I could always just run it at school if I wanted to. Additionally, I am pretty sure that frame designing is academic, right?

Welcome to RRR, 72corv3tt3. That International will make a nice rod. Has anyone mentioned we will need pictures ??? :D

No COSMOS was an extra hundred bucks that I did not feel like paying. Anyways I could always just run it at school if I wanted to. Additionally, I am pretty sure that frame designing is academic, right?

This made me think maybe I should swing by my local college and see what 'Student' CAD type programs are available now days. Well, I guess hot rods are 'Old School' - so your covered.

Well here is a picture.
bringingthetruckhome009.jpg

Right now I am thinking a four inch chop, a four inch channel, four inch z in the front, 10 inch z in the rear, and chop the bed down to four feet.

Cool truck man! Are you gonna z the frame in back or run it under slung like that? keep us posted on the build.

I am not planning on using that frame. I just did not feel like dragging it around to the side of the house at that time. But to answer your question I am going to z the rear.

Here is the current plan for the frame.

pic.jpg

I am not real thrilled about all of the cuts in the frame rails beneath the cab, but it is probably the easiest way for me to reach the dimensions I want.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, 72corv3tt3.
Looks like a great project, keep us posted on the progress. ;) '22

Latest posts

Back