Hey

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHITEBULL

New to the Rat Rod world.........but I want one in a bad way. Have been into dirt bikes, and quads, and diesel p/u's. Have my eye on a 40 Chevy 2 door deluxe, very rusty, no motor or trans, but everything else is there. The guy wants $2,000.00. Seams high to me. Is this out of line?

Look forward to learning the old school ways.

Whitebull

If its got a title and isnt all tore up it is. Most GMs have a 34 inch frame width . Just about anything will fit in there motor wise. Is the glass in it? Doors? Pictures?

There are alot of good deals out there especially with this economy so I say keep lookin at the magazines and all the cool cars at this site and decide what will work for you and make you happy. Dont be afraid to ask questions. I have seen running cars and trucks 1500 to 3500 latley.

A picture is worth a thousand words - kinda hard to guess what it's worth. To me $2000 sounds like an expensive base for a rat - that's just me though, I like 'em cheap.

Figure a lot of rat rods start from p/u cabs - generally a lot cheaper and easier to find. Check the build threads to get some ideas. You might find you like the rat truck look.

Welcome to the site.

price varys from place to place. I guess it depends on how bad you want it, and if you can find another any cheaper.

Working on my high school car I bought back in 1969 right now.
1966 Dodge Charger 383 4spd 4:10 posi.
want to take it to KKOA lead sled Show/Drags in Salina, KS. July 24-26.

Latest posts

Back