Hi, from Valencia, SPAIN

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrocodileWrench

Hi guys,
glad to come here,
I´m writing from Valencia -Spain, (please excuse my bad english)
I think this is perfect place to me and my crazy cars,
I have 50 years old from now, and from year one on my life I love cars,
most of them american cars,
when I go to school at 13 years old,
I drawn dragsters and hot rods and other vehicles that have watch in the movies or magacines, putting some ideas from my imagination too.
I make here some fiberglass works like "neo-retro style" at my own style.
But I feel more confortable with mechanic.
I make some transformation, puting diferent engines and other parts in cars,
buying and selling old cars, most of them american cars and trucks,
a little dificult to find here in Spain, a few we bought by te US army here in Rota Naval Station.
(no more available)
In my country, they are a lot of negative rules about transformation of cars, not like USA or Australia or UK, gobernement of Spain, politics and enginers don´t help supporting or autorizing, the automotive dreams of his citizens
Aniway, I love it , I love Hot Rods, and Rat Rods,
and I enjoy whit this a lot.
I start now with two proyects, (one of them, it´s not for use in the street for legal issues before explained) and the other it´s to use in the road full legal.
number one: Ford 1941 1/2 ton Rat Rod tow truck,
this I need to move my other cars in my property with style :)
and eventually some car shows and other unespectect aplications :p
and number two: a Chevy 3100 pick up 1957
I will put some pics ASAP.
thank for the way you are guys, I read USA hot rod web sites from a years and I have a great admiration around your country and people, and sure for all the hot rodders around the world.
A lot of educational and helping words, drawns, picks, about cars,
you are my inspiration, and confirm that the dreams can comes true.
see you

ok, I try to upload one pic of my tow rat rod proyect, 1941 Ford 1/2 ton truck

ratrodgruaford41evoluti.jpg

Welcome to the best forum on the web

It is very cool to see that the web reaches all parts of the world.[cl I am amazed at your trucks. They look like an outstanding start. It is a shame that you are not allowed to drive all of them on the street. It is still cool that you have the vision and can exercise your talent. Keep watching this site for valuable information. Continue your builds and maybe someday the laws will change and you will be able to put them on the street. I do not know exactly how things work in Spain but here, sometimes, if enough people ask/complain the laws get changed. Maybe you and your friends could be a part of the change? Above all have fun keep on building and send more pictures as your builds progress. Later Steve[;)

Welcome to RRR! It's always interesting to see what people are building in other parts of the world.

Good looking rats. What is that front suspension?

thank you agdeuce for your words and support, you re right, maybe someday rules changes, I hope... About what the people can make here if they are united...last time some mechanic, enterprises, work shops, (tuning style) united, the policians say "yes??" and the things go poor .... it´s like " ahh do you want I put me to work for you ..citizens??" and the answer is: more restrictions, ( I assume they make this way, becouse if they put the bar more higher...less work to legislate. untherstand? they work a little putting somo restrictivwe generic rules, and this way don´t need to put his brain to work, making what the people want and pay them to do, that I think is to make possible the industries rise, and the creativity and potential of the citizens of the country (unfortunatelly mine...) don´t be losed.
But i dont like to speack more about this, its a sad history :(

I come here for fun and to meet people crazy about cars :)
And to learn and to explain what I do.
Next days I hope to have time to upload more detailled info and pics about my works here, I enjoy sharing this and looking what others make, and this make me happy.

Hi Sam_fear, the IFS comes from a Iveco light van, (an Italian truck maker very popular here) I,m not sure yet to put it here, but 80 % I think I will do. it´s a little complex, becouse before it goes with torsion bars, (and other connecting bars,) and by the moment I cut the subframe, to make it narrower, (excuse my bad english please...) A lot to work , but I like the idea to put something diferent , IFS, and a lot of strong, it haves is own power steering unit, I will put some pics of the process. I start from the car on the floor, and latter I hope I can do a good elevation frame system, I´m not sure if this can be airbag, hidraulic or mechanical by hand...with some crazy mechanism that are twisted in my head this days :)) thank you for your welcome.

It looks like what you are doing is coming along well [cl
What engine are you using in the rat rod pickup ?
Looks like a turbo diesel :cool:

Jim

Hi Jim, yes, its a turbo diesel 2.8 Iveco. It,s a good engine, direct injection make starts very fast, and the turbo asdd some power, it,s a 1990 design, very popular here, but not specially cheap, a good one cost around 1.000 €. mine its very fine, and comes from the Iveco Van I decide to take for a donor. I use everything from it, gearbox (five speed manual), power steering, rear end, front end, brakes...and other things and parts. But I´m not sure to let put in this proyect, I´m thinking to put something more bigger, like a 6 cylinder turbo froma bigger truck, this way can be more powerfull and special. I don´t know yet. I like some turbo diesel rats, that I see in you tube, the noise of the turbo...I have some ideas about exhaust and other things to make it a little crazy.

Don't worry about the bad english (we under stand Pics just fine)

No probs on the english, If it was not for spell check some of us would be in trouble.:rolleyes:

Qué pasa amigo

Que es un paseo muy dulce .... gran trabajo!
Welcome to the RRR from Michigan...
Been to Malaga a couple of times....I love Spain.... also had a couple of exchange students who lived near Valencia.... they were very muy hiperactivo..LOL

HELLO! I am half Spanish! I would love to visit Spain one day and especially if they're is cool people like you. Unfortunatley I never learned Spanish Spanish and I hear Mexican Spanish does not translate well.

hey GJunktionMike
if I I´m driving in the highway, and look at the mirror,
and your 49 f-6 (your 2nd build)
its behind ...I´m sure I´m gonna think that its a Flying Soucer !!
flying low of course :p

Hola sgtpontiac gracias por la bienvenida , thank you for the welcome !!
ok... Spain its not bad bad, but I think I prefer to was born in the USA, a lot of things of the USA attract me, and for a creative person, I think no one place in the world like your country. Maybe one day I take a plane. Maybe one 787 Dreamliner. or wathever :)))

Latest posts

Back