Hi, my name is brian

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were just in Portugal and rented a Skoda, which seems to be a VW off shoot. Nice features like plug you phone in and the on board screen shows your map, great sound system, etc. It also had the stall at red light feature which I hate as well as the pull you back in to your lane if you wander a little. I know you can shut all that off but for 2 weeks it wasn't worth it and many cars default back when you shut it off. Also had the slam on the brakes if someone in front of you stops feature. Pulling into a parking space with a stone wall in front of us threw Wife and I forward. Jim

If they mandate those self driving features before die, I'll go back to horses!
My wife's car already has automated driving features you cannot shut off. Adaptive cruise control, in bit things you're too close to the car in front of you it will slow down. It doesn't matter if you're halfway in the lane to pass them or not. I've had multiple times where we'll be going down the freeway and I'll go to pass someone in the car catches the car in front of us and slams on the brakes so now you're sitting in the fast lane going 60 miles an hour. I don't use the cruiser control if I am forced to drive her car

My wife's car already has automated driving features you cannot shut off. Adaptive cruise control, in bit things you're too close to the car in front of you it will slow down. It doesn't matter if you're halfway in the lane to pass them or not. I've had multiple times where we'll be going down the freeway and I'll go to pass someone in the car catches the car in front of us and slams on the brakes so now you're sitting in the fast lane going 60 miles an hour. I don't use the cruiser control if I am forced to drive her car
My wife's Toyota has it too. I actually really like the way it functions 90% of the time. The lane departure stuff on it sucks though. Hers can all be turned off.

Nothing here new enough to have any of that stuff, and that is the way i intend it to stay. I don't have room for horses, guess I'll be cruising around on my lawn mower.
Your mention of lawn mowers made me laugh out loud! There is a small store east of me servicing a small community there. Some days it looks like a mower convention going on. All those idiots have had their drivers licenses suspended for one thing or another, mostly DUI! They still drunk drive... just slower!

Latest posts

Back