Hillbilly from Tennessee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillysurf

Just found the site and could not help but to join in the fun ! My name is Rob, I am from Tennessee, love old cars and trucks, mainly Chevys. Traded for a old car last year and got the bug for the rat rod scene. I have a 51 Chevy Styleline 2dr that I call the Hillbilly Surf Shop. Have had a blast with mixing the "Surf / Hillbilly" theme together !! Just made the April 09 issue of Rebel Rodz "Homegrown Rodz" section. Which I am very stoked about !!!!!
I have done alot of new things since those pics were taken. I just got the issue today,..... well two of them !! Here are a few pics, will add when I add. Look forward to chatting with you guys .
Having problem resizing more current pics, will post soon. Thanks

Attachments

• resized 51 motor.jpg
    resized 51 motor.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 27
  • kaylee3 51.jpg
    kaylee3 51.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 43
  • resized 51 side.jpg
    resized 51 side.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 32
That's just what I was about to ask - where in Tennessee? Good to have you here hillbillysurf. Welcome to RRR. Great looking car man!

Thunder1

Last edited:
i too, was wondering where a guy would surf in tenn.!:D awesome ride and congrats for gettin in a mag, really love the car makes me sad that i didn't keep the one i had for a future project....:(

Welcome. What part of TN?
Tim

Thanks for the red carpet guys !!!
I live in Jonesborough, Tn. about 30 min. from Bristol. Timbo, was you at the Lions Club show in Morristown last year without the scallops on your cool volks rod ?

Wow, Bristol is about as far as you get from Nashville and still be in the state. There are alot of members from up that way. You need to plan on coming to Lebanon in September for the Redneck Rumble. Your car would be a big hit.

Thunder1

Wow, Bristol is about as far as you get from Nashville and still be in the state. There are alot of members from up that way. You need to plan on coming to Lebanon in September for the Redneck Rumble. Your car would be a big hit.

Thunder1

I saw the flyer in a magazine and seems like I checked into how far it was away from me. After seeing some pics of the show, I wished that I had made it. Maybe I can plan on that one this year. Is there some good places to stay or cruise after show hours in lebanon ?? Here is some more current pics with the visor, grille, and surfing dude hood ornament.

Attachments

• resizedF.jpg
    resizedF.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 8
  • resizeG.jpg
    resizeG.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 7
  • resizeD.jpg
    resizeD.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to RRR, hillbillysurf. Sharp looking ride. Congrats on having your car published.

Thanks for the red carpet guys !!!
I live in Jonesborough, Tn. about 30 min. from Bristol. Timbo, was you at the Lions Club show in Morristown last year without the scallops on your cool volks rod ?

Yep, we were there. A friend (a vendor selling hotrod sauce)told me about the show and we went.
Tim

Yep, we were there. A friend (a vendor selling hotrod sauce)told me about the show and we went.
Tim

My 10 year old son had a cow over your ride !!! That is all he talked about for a month, which was funny cause he's a Chevy man. We like some of the bugs that has been done like yours. I guess we would start a project like that if we found a cheap body he could afford to start with. Looks like that Morristown show is June 13 this year, also don't know much about it but, there is another show the same weekend in Johnson City,at Winged Deer Park called Rockn Rodz N Reelz. Which would be real close for me. If I find anything else about that one, will let you guys know about that one !

I was wondering why you were not on here.....Welcome.....Im the guy you talked to about Blast from the Past in Bristol.......

My father in law and I actually got into a argument over your car while judging it last year he wanted to give you a 0 for paint.....I GAVE YOU A 10

BY FAR THE BEST CAR THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Hope you make it back out this year!

Thanks a bunch rusty rodder for standing up for the custom paint !!!! That rust took years to make !!! Is this years show June 13th ? If so , looks like there are about 3 shows on that weekend that I know of. Hopefully no rain this year, was'nt real bad last year, still had a good time.

yes it is, What other shows are going on? I know of one in Morristown TN but thats all ive heard about....

I know that the HOT ROD power tour will be ending at BLAST FROM THE PAST this year so there should be plenty of great stuff there! Hope you will make it back up, i might even bring mine this year (as if im not going to have enough to do) haha

Latest posts

Back