Hoodless f100's???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52bombshell

does any one have a pic of a hoodless f100 but still full fendered i have a 52
f100 that im going to be running straight up pipes with as well as full fenders still. So im trying to determine if a hood would look good or bad so show them pics.

If you have one, why not just take the hood off. Step back and look at it, maybe take some pics. And then put the hood on, step back and look at it, and take some pics. Then compare the pics and look at them every day for about a month or so, then see which one you like the best.

Thats what id do anyway. :D

ya i have all the sheet metal off the front end cause im doing a front end swap right now and i just was wondering what it would look like all finished with out a hood if it would look right thats all

Alright, ive been looking at pictures, and it looks so much better with the hood on.

Now you could go this route. :D

image006.jpg

I think I'm going to section the hood into two pieces front and back and connect the two with small gauge steel round stock maybe a spider web design. That way I keep the hood lines but its open style too what ya people think?

Sounds good in theory. It would keep the original lines. Any way to test it without scrapping a good hood? Might be able to get a Photoshop of something.

Well...not a F100 but, no hood though!! I haven't ran a hood since I got the truck! Some think it's cool others say it doesnt look right without it! You will probably go through the same thing, 50/50 opinions. I say how you like it is how you run it!!

Attachments

• My 53 (2).jpg
    My 53 (2).jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 53 @ RIR show.jpg
    53 @ RIR show.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 26
There's a build on RRR that the guy has flames cut into the hood coming off the grill. Well, it's part of the grill, as the part past the flames to the cowl has been removed. Am I making sense to anyone besides me?....

I looked for that thread, but couldn't find it. It looked like he had taken the hood, welded it to his grill, and then cut flames out and removed the rest of the hood. Still hoping someone will know who's build it is.

Latest posts

Back