Hose clamps?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So I stumbled across these cool gates power grip hose clamps the other day. Super clean look!! I have had bad luck with metal clamps lately being cheap and failing!!
These come in multiple sizes and have a certain shrink range.
Heat them up and they have a tight crip!!!

IMG_20240819_143437902.jpg
IMG_20240820_140746574.jpg
IMG_20240820_140737805.jpg

Cut them. There one time use. But like I said they're about the same price as a normal hose clamp, and I don't know where you guys are getting hose clamps but the last couple I have bought have been garbage.

heat shrink is tough stuff! We used it in aerial and underground cable splices at Ma Bell! One thing to be aware of is don't let any water hit it while shrinking with heat. I will blow holes...

Good to know. Don't think I'd really want to fight with putting a hose clamp on like that with water in it. But you never know LOL

Cut them. There one time use. But like I said they're about the same price as a normal hose clamp, and I don't know where you guys are getting hose clamps but the last couple I have bought have been garbage.
Most the clamps you buy now are single use. So cheap they rust and bend. I like those heat shrink ones too because no sharp edges to slice a hand. Jim

Latest posts

Back