HotRod & Mini-Bike Drags-Florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here goes.

BTW, Dan and I drove up in my T and had a fantastic time. Got to see some old friends like Glenn, Rooster Dave, and Randy. Next year I'm going to have the 27 done and am going to be looking for Glenns and Daves coupes. Yeah, they're fast, but I'm sure going to try to give them some competition. [ddev:D

Here are some shots from today.

Don

BilletproofDrags09001-1.jpg

BilletproofDrags09002-1.jpg

BilletproofDrags09003.jpg

Last edited:
More........

BilletproofDrags09053.jpg

BilletproofDrags09055.jpg

Here is Glenn getting ready to do battle with Rooster Dave.

BilletproofDrags09056.jpg

It sort of went back and forth between Glenn and Dave all day. Sometimes one would win and sometimes the other would win.

Here's Glenn out front.

BPDrags018.jpg

And one of Dave smokin' him.

bpdrags.jpg

we had fun, got to talk to a bunch of good people and see some sweet rides. thanks to don i am back on the forum... found my password
;)

Great job with the pictures Don. It was great to meet both you and Dan. And thanks to Dan for telling Big Mike about the louvered hood so, years later, he would tell me about it and I could, finally, rescue it.:D That roadster is tits [dr And it looks like a hoot to drive. Mike

Hey Racedude, glad you got back on. One word sums up anything Billetproof does..................FUN! What a laid back, enjoyable weekend. It was super to see all of you there. I'm kicking myself now for not putting a seat belt in so I could at least make one pass, but next year will be different. :D It was so cool to see lots of guys and gals who had never been down a strip before, and some who had, having the time of their lives.

It was nice that so many people got to make pass after pass, each time getting a little better and faster. However, I think the masked dude in the cape had an unfair advantage due to the lift properties of that cape.:p The people in the stands loved it when he made that historic pass.[cl

Just a good clean fun weekend with people you felt like you have known for your whole life. Thanks to Alan for putting on a great series of events for us Floridians. :D

Don

i had a blast all day !!! what a great turn out !! and the coupe just ran great,me and glen were having a ball and we both can't wait till next year..we might sneak in a local test and tune some night..lol...thanks for the pics don it was great seeing you and dan saturday night

Same here Dave, same here. :) You and Glenn provided a lot of the entertainment there, it was really fun to watch him beat you one round and then you would come back and beat him. Could you ever imagine such an old time fun event would be in 2009?.....and in FLORIDA! I'm serious about having my 27 running by next year so I can have a go at both of your cars........but man do they both scream. I think you both had a few "secrets" between the valve covers you weren't sharing with each other. :p

Dan and I talked all the way home about why don't he and I build a drag car. I have a almost completed 466 Ford roller motor , plus a built C6 and a bunch of other parts. He has a 30 Ford Tudor sedan body and lots of spare tubing. But we took a bunch of pictures of this T and both fell in love with it, so who knows, we might have to put something together.

Don

Here is the one we might do.

BilletproofDrags09005.jpg

BilletproofDrags09006.jpg

BilletproofDrags09008.jpg

Latest posts

Back