How much is yours worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the wheels, I think the camera is set with a slight fish-eye effect. I looked closely and it looks like everything is skewed just a bit.

Sorry guys, but that rod has a J.C.Whitney look to it. The slicks look like no name cheapo's, and set on stock rims with dressed up hubcaps. The engine appears to be a stock Ford Flattie. From the height of it, I'd say the front axle/suspension, and rear axle/suspension are stock also.

$50,000...NO WAY!!! $5,000...Maybe

The sad part is some Yuppie goober will make them an offer of $35,000

I agree, but I think it is a neat looking rod no matter what. my family builds the cars they drive, which is the best part of driving them. We built it. If someone wants to go buy that car for 50,000, I say rock on! good for them for having to much money. I dont hate on people that pay others to build their cars (as long as they dont claim to have built it ). Its all about enjoying what you drive. Some people just dont posses the skills most of us have to fabricate something beautiful. The difference between buying and building is pride. The ones who pay to have one built have pride in having a cool car. You(who build their own rods) know how every nut and bolt is placed in the car and how damn hard it was to fit those doors and fenders. You take pride in that hard to find part that you looked for at every swap meet for a year.And every story that goes along with building your own rod.Thats Pride!

Mine is worth about 400 bucks :D

4056795691_8935c476ee.jpg

You have a good looking start for a great project there. Personally, I think you'd be better off to keep it and do something with it.

Thunder

how much

Saw this on another site for sale.$50,000 !!..Makes you wonder how much yours is worth![cl..CR

it will probably be for sale a long time at that price. seller has probably been sitting too close to the TV. he may have traveled back & forth from school
on a very short bus.

Ive saw several on Ebay like some on here that goes in the mid teens. 13-15 grand. Lot more desire for these than people think. RR

You guys aren't getting it. I've seen it on the HAMB. I don't remember all the details but it is an orginal built 50's "Traditional Hot Rod" and does have some sort "Historical" significance. And it will sell for that price!

If the craftsmanship is good enough all of our rides should be selling for that much (not talking about the ones with bad welds and wrenches used as suspension parts). I know if we were to charge the true amount of man hours that goes into our rat rods they would probably be worth that much. Maybe that would encourage people to build their own rods instead of buying one complete.

Being an artist I see the "abstract" pieces of crap that go for $5k and $10k and a finely detailed airbrush job on a substrate the same size goes for a few hundred dollars. I think if we valued ourselves more then we could ask for more.

Latest posts

Back