I put together a new air cleaner and made my own wing nut

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTruck440

I wanted to fill in the space between the cowl and the front end. A tunnel ram and two carbs would be awesome but not now. I know the chrome lid is against the rules but hey rules are meant to be broken. An old farmer let me look through his junk and when I found this wrench he said go ahead and use it. I drilled a hole through it and welded a nut to the back side and put a clear on it and there it is.

Attachments

• paint job 003.jpg
    paint job 003.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 100
  • air cleaner 009.jpg
    air cleaner 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 80
  • air cleaner 011.jpg
    air cleaner 011.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 111
  • air cleaner wing nut.jpg
    air cleaner wing nut.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I don't think you have enough CFM through that filter set up, you may want to double the size!;)

What a great idea. I love innovative stuff like that. There's a guy here with a 48 chev with a 350. For his air cleaner cover he used an old circular saw blade. I was out back clearing stuff to get the 52 out and over to the shop, and found a ton of old scrap metal projects and bed frames an other misc junk. Is it sad I jumped and got all excited?

I know the chrome lid is against the rules but hey rules are meant to be broken. An old farmer let me look through his junk and when I found this wrench he said go ahead and use it. I drilled a hole through it and welded a nut to the back side and put a clear on it and there it is.
I disagree with the chrome comment. Really, ratting is just taking whatcha got and making something good out of nothing. Well, rodding period is. I'd never turn down something chrome because it was chrome.
Good job, keep it up!

I am a shine-whore and I love your chrome air cleaner.

But the wing nut is an over-the-top MASTERPIECE!!:cool::cool:

Seriously, the devil's in the details and those little things have always been what catch my eye at car shows, the dozens of little tricks folks use to solve a building problem are usually what make the car itself stand out as a true "individual."

That's one nice lookin' truck overall, BTW. Thanks for sharing your pics and idears!:D[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back