If you could own one famous car....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
What would it be? My favorite custom is the Mantaray by Dean Jeffries. I would love driving that thing down Hollywood Blvd or to any cruise spot. It's was still at the Petersen Museum the last time I saw it.

Attachments

• mantaray.jpg
    mantaray.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 35
What ever the most expensive one is, then I would sell it, and build a bunch of what ever I wanted, pocket the rest.

I know, it wasn't the answer you were looking for. But I like other guys famous cars and builds, but I have a hard time picking one.

the bat mobile with the original bats on the centercaps .allways love that car sence i was a kid and the vett from corvett summertoo!!!!!and any thing done by edd roth!:cool:

Uncle Jed, Uncle Jed!!!

Beach Boys "Lil Deuce Coupe" or Beverly Hillbilly's truck by George Barris!!!!

LittleDeuceCover.jpg

BoB

Since the Hirohata Merc has already been claimed, I'll take the "Zupan '49 Merc." Or just give me any ol' 49 Merc.:D

FYI..Tuckers were '48 only!
How about Barris' Blue Danube!:cool:

DMW56...I agree with the Blue Danube...really cool car....... but Tucker was only a 48 vintage here in the states...and technically there were no others ever built, but not that he wasn't trying.

"1955 Tucker "Carioca"
After Preston Tucker licked his wounds from the 48 situation, he moved to Brazil, and started working on a new car named the "Carioca" (meaning: a native of Rio De Jenero). This car was also reffered to as Preston Tucker's production line Rod. It was designed to look like a highboy style Hot Rod of the current times, but was packed with modern ideas. He wanted to have a car that looked great, was affordable, and was a serious performer. It was slated to have a mid mounted opposed four cylinder engine, steerable headlights (this time the two end lights turned with the fenders and the center was fixed), and many other features. Unfortunately, the car never became a reality, and Mr. Tucker died from lung cancer in Brazil in 1956."

Here are pics from the 1955 "Car Life Magazine" article (including the one I posted before

magazine3.jpg

magazine1.jpg

magazine2.jpg

Super kool!!!

Too bad they were never were produced. Very COOL car! Tuckers were way ahead of their times. It looks kinda like the Plymouth Prowlers.

Wow... that makes me wanna build something just like it!!! That's *very* kool!!! Looks like a hood for a rear end... I like it!!!

BoB

No question for me.........Grabowskis T. But in it's original form, not the goofy showcar it got turned into with dual slicks, two blowers, etc.

Don

Last edited:
I think I was in Refference to the 48 tucker.
Very few ever produced in US.

RoddingRon,
I kinda figured someone would research it.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back