I'm a shameless hussie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
I shamelessly used Gastricks idea with the lacquered cloth plug wires on my wifes 48. I had replaced the old wires with yellow 8mm Taylor wires. They just didn't look right but I didn't know of any alternative until Gastrick was kind enough to share what he had done.

I ordered up 10' of 7mm wire and fixin's. Got them on last night. They look much better.

Now here's the kicker. The car runs much better, idles smoother and shifts smoother. At first that might sound ridiculous but these cars have vacuum shifters.
So with the engine running smoother there must by more vacuum available.

Thanks Gastrick:D

Attachments

• plugwires.jpg
    plugwires.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Nah, the engine was just embarrassed to wear those yellow ones, so it was rebelling. :p:D New ones look great. I liked them on Gastricks too, very oldtimey looking.

I have a brand new set of yellow ones sitting on the shelf that I will only put on something like my Jeep that has a closed hood. :D:D

Don

Looks really good!

CD,
Man... that looks really good & really funny that it made the wife's ride run better. I think Don is right... the car was embarrassed wearing the yellow ones & now wants to struff it's stuff! ; - >

BoB

Latest posts

Back