I'm Gonna Drive the Mother Road.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaryVoodooGirl

AKA Route 66. Sometime next year in the Comet. Drive across Canada and then down to Chicago and west from there, stopping along the way to visit shops, maybe catch some shows etc etc. Planning everything out right now, getting hold of tattoo shops along the route etc...but it's gonna happen!....after I get back from Australia haha. I'll keep everyone up to date...but would be rad to have a bit of a convoy along the route! Not the entire thing, but it'd be killer to have some rods cruise the old road...and would make for hella photo ops.

On 66, between Kingman and Oatman. Some of the roads are narrow and cliffhangers.

Attachments

• 100_6590.jpg
    100_6590.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_6597.jpg
    100_6597.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_6600.jpg
    100_6600.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 27
On 66, between Kingman and Oatman. Some of the roads are narrow and cliffhangers.

killer photos!! I know I want to do as much of the original route as possible, but will undoubtedly make a few side-tracked trips to hit certain shops/friends places along the way...but hopefully I'll be able to make the trip on the original as much as possible

Just make sure your car can handle it an research it. That section I just posted a pic of I have done in both my t truck and my wife's 64 Mercury Monclair. You couldnt pay me to do it in that 64 again. 4 wheel drum brakes SUCK.

I will research it for sure! won't happen until after March at the least, I get back from Oz, fly here to NC for a week or so (convention) fly back to Calgary and then I think I'll head out from there, take my time driving it, stop whenever/wherever for however long...there are few things I enjoy more than just driving somewhere, so I want to just sort of go with the flow. Then once in LA, I'll take my time driving up to Oregon for a bit and then back home. Will make for one helluva journey

You will be living my dream, it seems like such a cool thing to do. One of my bucket list items for sure.........that and Bonneville.

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures. :D

Don

SVG, when you post your trip for sure, I'll hook up with ya in a town East of Springfield.
1336 Historic U.S. 66 Lebanon, MO 65536 and roll with ya just West of Joplin to the Okie line :cool:

SVG, sounds like a fantastic trip. I have traveled 66 three times back in the day with my grandparents. I have fond memories traveling that road.

Make sure to take lots of pics and keep us up to date on your journey.

When plan to do it again this year, we plan to leave east Tennessee March 22.

I just finished looking through your album on Facebook haha. March is still a tad early for me to start this one, I'll be in North Carolina for a tattoo convention, but based on your photos I can't wait! Are you headed to Vegas again? Seems I'm there 4 or 5 times a year for shows etc. Have fun!

I just finished looking through your album on Facebook haha. March is still a tad early for me to start this one, I'll be in North Carolina for a tattoo convention, but based on your photos I can't wait! Are you headed to Vegas again? Seems I'm there 4 or 5 times a year for shows etc. Have fun!

Yes, we plan to hit Viva again...we may take the '66 Riviera but who knows...we may be driving something that doesn't even exist today.

Latest posts

Back