Insurance question.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

We'll I have had one hell of a day. :mad: got a ticket, blew my motor in my tow rig and lost my wallet. Ready for bed and a reset!:eek:

So on to my question. I was driving down the road and and hit like a shrub tree branch looking thing in the road and thought nothing of it after all I'm in a big 1 ton 4x4. Well said branch managed to catch one of my oil cooler lines and pulled it off the cooler so I'm driving along and all the sudden dash looks like a Christmas tree and truck shuts down. I pull over and find the problem call a buddy and he brings me oil and we filled it back up and it started right up and ran fine. So I drove to his house and back and now it's knocking like hell so I'm kinda stuck now cause I can't afford a new motor now.

Then tonight a buddy said it should be covered under my comprehensive coverage. Would that be true?

Is there a chance it would be covered?

It should be covered. I hit a low tree branch in the motor home. It was late on a Saturday night. I could no contact the insurance company till Monday morning. They covered every bit of it. So I hope you get a new motor from them. Installed.

That would be considered a road hazard, and should be covered. Same thing as hitting a huge pothole and bending a wheel or suspension. It was not a part of the road, and you didn't know it was there until it was too late.

Lol so it turns out it won't be covered. They didn't upgrade my insurance 2 months ago when I got the truck so all I have is comp and liability. No collision.

Comp would have covered it if the branch fell on my truck or I hit an animal

But since it was already in the road it became a stationary object making it a collision.

If I had known that I would have said it was a bushy dog. :rolleyes:

Yeah....

I MIGHT be able to help locate a motor. I used to sell class 6, 7, & 8 trucks. Still know a lot of people in the business. Let me know if I can help.

Lynn:)

Dealing with insurance companies can be a real pain. My truck was hit by a school bus in the parking lot of the school I work at. Bent the rear bumper down, no big deal. The district gives me insurance info and when I finaly get to talk to somebody he doesn't believe me, like Id waste my time calling if it didn't happen, and tells me they may total the truck because of its age! The thing books for $2700 in its worst condition. I guess bumpers are made of gold?
More along the lines of what happened to you, we hit a Racoon with our van and our insurance company wouldn't cover the damage. Damn thing bent up the radiator support and took out the a/c condencer. I pounded the support back down as much as I could and replaced the condencer myself. Fun fun fun

Latest posts

Back