International Brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's Boogie

Hello all I am klooking to re-build my front drum brakes completely. I have a front axle off of a 48 IH KB-3 is what I was told. I have been searching the internet looking for parts or kits to do this, but not having any luck. Does someone have knowledge of something I can do? My next step is to start trying different brake assy's and seeing if they work.

Thanks

Ah. Love this question, why you might ask? I had one HELL of a headache trying to find my brakes for my IH.

I have a 1967 IH 1300 dually, finding the hardware isn't hart - if you have them still together I'd suggest carefully taking them apart and keeping 1 of each part (meaning the hold down pins/cups/spring, return spring, adjustment spring and so on) and bring them down to your local Napa/Parts store - they usually have books that they can look at to match it up.

For the wheel cylinders, pictures help - please. I've dealt with ALOT of wheel cylinders lately and can usually find ones that work. As shoes go, well they shouldn't be too bad - similar situation with the hardware, you can usually take one to your local hardware store and they can match it up.

Latest posts

Back