Is this what we're becoming?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

Have you heard the latest story of the Bakersfield nursing home that wouldn't do CPR on one of their residents. [ddd

This is what liberal ideals does to a nation over time, mostly through the public school system.

Compare this kind of action to how the WW2 generation would have dealt with it.

We're becoming a Godless, immoral and decadent society.

cpr"]http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/glenwood-gardens-911-call-bakersfield-retirement-home-woman-dies-after-nurse-refuses-to-do-cpr[/URL]

How "Liberals" fit into that equasion I'm not sure, but yes, the world is changing. But let's face it, we humans aren't exactly as evolved as we would like to think we are. We pollute our own planet in the name of profits, we kill each other in the name of religion and territorial rights, and deep down we really don't care about one another when push comes to shove.

When you see things like kids shooting other kids, like happened in Sandy Hook, or Mothers killing their own kids, like the Casey Anthony case, it tells you we as a society are rapidly going downhill . I've said it a million times, we should be ashamed of the world we are leaving for our kids.

Don

The way I read it, this boils down to a company worried about legal issues with providing the medical treatment to a resident.

IE, they made a company decision that due to the cost of carrying liability insurance to cover for lawsuits if something went wrong, or was perceived to go have gone wrong with providing any sort of medical support.

They said due to risk of lawsuit, we are not going there.... We will put people on notice when they move in, we are not providing any medical support here, because you are paying for the cost of the related risk... So I would say, the employees were doing what they were told, and if they didn't, they would risk firing.

So ultimately, the fault isn't with "liberals", it is with everyone that has been happy to file lawsuits to get the easy money from someone else's pocket.

It has everything to do with the cost of greed and going after the deep pocket.

I can guarantee you that nurse is a big Obama loving lib. Liberalism breeds immorality. It has crept into EVERY part of our society. To let that woman die is a perfect example of the degradation of human nature. Legal matter or not.

Welcome to the sue nation.

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

I’m not sure how many of you are certified in CPR but I have been for 15 years and have to retest every 3 years. And let me tell you it is tricky business when it comes to CPR. Depending on your state as soon as you start CPR you open your self to a whole host of law suites. It sounds redundant to sue someone that saved your life, but easy money is easy money and more often then not people get sued for saving a persons life. Like all my instructors would say “It is a judgment call when it comes to CPR, you can’t be sued for not performing CPR. But if you do, hope the person has the same moral values as you and is just thankful for you saving their life”.

Times are not changing, just the peoples thinking is. We all go through the same motions that everyone has been going through for centuries. We just get our news faster (regardless of how wrong or blown out of proportion it is) and we let these people scare us with out facts.

Choppinczech I get where you are coming from. Lucky for me I have not had to do full blown CPR on anyone yet. I would like to think I would save a persons life regardless of a law suite but I have never crossed that bridge.

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that nurse is a big Obama loving lib. Liberalism breeds immorality. It has crept into EVERY part of our society. To let that woman die is a perfect example of the degradation of human nature. Legal matter or not.

I would call you an idiot for those statements, but this site is more civil than that..........so I will just call you wrong. Funny how you "conservatives" blame every aspect of our society on a President you didn't vote for (I did)

Put the blame where it belongs...........look in the mirror. We have become a society of kids who don't know in a lot of cases who their Dad is, or who seldom see him. A family structure that no longer teaches right from wrong, and no one being held accountable for wrong doing. Sure, we had problems in America when Moms stayed home and were there when the kids got home from school, and Dad went off to work and was there to help discipline the kids, but certainly not like today.

It is just stupid to blame one man for all the ills of society, especially when he has a bunch of you conservatives on the other side blocking every effort he makes to change things for the better.

Second thought, I WILL call you a sore loser. :mad:

Don

I also had CPR and Basic emergency training but it was years ago. However, we were also taught that the 'Good Samaritan Act' had us covered regardless of the outcome of our life saving endeavor. I don't know if this was just a Canadian thing, or if it (or something like it) is in place in the US as well. The whole idea was.... if you set out to honestly try and save someones life to the best of your ability, you couldn't be sued even if everything went wrong, and the person in distress didn't make it.
Seems like common sense to me, but then common sense isn't that common anymore.
Around here, standing by and just doing nothing would likely get you into trouble a lot quicker than taking control of a bad situation and trying to save someone.
Leaving the scene of an accident and not helping out if needed can get you into trouble as well.....what the difference?

Heard the woman had a "do not resuscitate" on file with the home. But that nurse could have saved a whole lot of craziness if she'd mentioned that to the 911 dispatcher.

Don, he didn't say it was Obama's fault, he bet she was a very liberal leaning person that also adores Obama.

And IMO, a lot of those ills of society on that list are mostly caused by decades long liberal/progressive policies. It's not that the policies aren't good intentioned when made, but they are foolishly utopian and easily abused.

As for this nurse keeping her hands off I would suspect it is for legal reasons as others have said. And IMO those laws were enacted to protect people but have been abused so much, that this is now the outcome.

I imagine this thread will soon get zapped.

Last edited:
[QUOTEAnd IMO, a lot of those ills of society on that list are mostly caused by decades long liberal/progressive policies. It's not that the policies aren't good intentioned when made, but they are foolishly utopian and easily abused.[/QUOTE]

BINGO

Latest posts

Back