it had to happen eventually..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
so i fire up my trusty 46 ford yesterday..."chigger" as its known around these parts - (it goes back to the previous owner being a small, short fella that was nick-named chigger, but everyone called him chig for short)--anyway i take off to the local farm supply/hardware store just enjoying the sound of the 18" cherry bombs and the sunshine....when all of a sudden, w/o warning...chigger splutters and then ....dies! well i coasted to the side of the road and after pondering my options, reached over to the key and it fired right up....so off i go again thinking maybe just a one-time fluke....well it wasn't, so i coasted off the road the second time in front of the local lawnmower shop...:(:confused:
i proceded to get out, raise the hood, and go thru the basics...the wires all look OK, then pull the breather off-carb looked OK...and then it happened.....the worst possible thing that could go wrong did........

my wife drove up!! :eek:"daddy just HAD to have a hotrod, didn't he":rolleyes:

well the fuel filter is the suspected culprit, and chigger did get back to my place w/o any more problems...but me & chigger are gonna have to have a talk about this showin out in front of the mrs.

Bad Chig BAD!!! The old Daytripper's battery gave out right at the Lonestar Roundup right in front of a HUGE line of people waiting to get into the show. How embarrassing!!! The Daytripper & I had a *long* talk!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

i realize im younger but my mom was hugely against me and my dads decision to get me a 66 mustang. If it breaks down i usually call my dad but while he was away in iraq i had to call my mom a few times. That call is always worse than breaking down.

For that time it won't restart AAA Auto Club will tow anything! Only $75/year. Plus I also have towing with Haggerty Insurance. Pays for its self if you use it once. I have 6 old cars its not a matter of if your going to need it but when!

Everytime mine breaks down, i tell it that it can be replaced if it doesnt straighten up. I usually dont have any problems for awhile after that one.

But you cant replace Chigger. Just Think hes probably just getting all of the cob webs out and problems shown before the car shows in august. Just remember to smack him on the back of the cab after he is fixed and let him know to not pull a stunt like that again.

Yeah, but think how dull and boring our lives would be if we ran our lives like our Wives or GF's would want us to run them.:p If we only did the things they thought were right we would be sitting on the couch with them every night watching House and Garden TV, and our weekends would be spent going to craft shows and doing house chores. :eek:

My ex-wife made the mistake when we were dating of telling me she liked me because all the other guys she dated kissed her feet and I didn't do that. It worked for 28 years, and then she figured out the things she liked about me weren't working out so well for her in the long run. :cool::D

She's gone but I still have the roadster. :D

Don

well me and chigger got it all worked out with a fuel filter fixing the problem....
so i decided to be nice and put some protecta-wrap in the floor (like peel-n-seal only from home depot) throwed in some carpet, a new steering wheel and a few more odds and ends to get the interior "finished"
after that chigger decided to have more problems- the rt front brake wasn't releasing- so now some new brake hoses are on order hope to get that lined out before saturdays parade......
ya just had to go and do that didn't ya chigger?!

Latest posts

Back