It's Not A Car Show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High and Low. My Rover project currently sits like the one on the left but will sit more like the one on the right by next summer. This one's bagged though.

Okay, here's the "Guess what it is" car of the show.

Well, it's an Airflow......but is it a Chrysler or a Desoto [S I think it's a Chrysler........'36 maybe :confused:

Ho Hum, just another '32 roadster.

Yep, the mystery car is a '36 Chrysler Imperial Airflow. The owner had "Arrow" on the windshield card instead of "Airflow". I think he was just messing with the spectators. Way to go Snake F.

BlueNorther, I'll be up in your town tomorrow afternoon picking up a 200R4 for the Rover project. If I can leave early enough I'll stop at French Lake and get a C4 for the dragster. Then I can began the conversion. Lots of projects going at the came time for me.

Old cars, good food & friends, sounds like a great way to spend your Thursday nights.:)

Complete work on a Rover, Pickup, Trailer & Dragster Modification this Fall & Winter, going to be a busy off season at the shop. Keep the fire going. I smell 11.75's around the corner.;)

A Friend's Stuff

At my Wednesday lunch the young guy among us (30 years old) said he picked up a '35 Binder cab and wanted to know if I wanted it. So I went out to his place after supper to look at it. He was working on this Model A coupe, preparing it for sale. This is what he does for a living, along with hot rod repair for customers. I wandered around his place and took a few pics.

These occupy the other two stalls in his shop. I think the roadster is a customer car and the Deuce sedan is a recent auction purchase.

Here's the Binder. $500. I have too many projects and reluctantly said No Thanks. The '36 in the background belongs to his sister.

A few of the late models.

Floor to ceiling good stuff in the shed, and it's a big shed.

Goes to show you an avid young guy can collect quite a bit of tin and iron.

This sub-thread begins on Page 3, Post #25.

DR, he's got a convert and a parts sedan. It's a keeper. Not for sale.

Dr. C. yes, all the tin is his savings plan. He keeps coming up with more, darn near every day. In fact, he just found an early Chevy cowl and doors for me.

Last edited:
Terry & Lee's Winter Project

Stopped over at Terry & Lee's (Tator here on RRR) to check out progress on the winter project Model A coupe. They bought the body, partial frame and a pile of parts a couple weeks ago. Coming along nicely.

Two Shows Today

There was a festival in a small community about 30 miles away. They had a car and tractor show. A small group of guys with inline engines attended. A couple of them called me and asked me to bring the dragster. So I did. Here's an unusual T bucket with a 230 Chevy 6. My dragster is in the background.

A very nice fastback with a 302 Jimmy engine.
And now a few Plymouths.

Just sprouting little wings.

My old Binder. Rich recently had a heart attack and isn't up to full strength yet. Heal fast, Rich.

It was a tractor show too, so here's token cute little tractor.

Titus Hosts a Picnic

Titus, the young guy whose stuff I posted a few pages back hosted a picnic for a couple hundred of his and Jenny's closest friends. There was about 65 cool cars there, including this Hudson.

'36 Roadster

Do you think Ralph Nader would like this 'Vair?

Titus' dad built this Bucket at least 30 years ago. Still runs and looks good.

Latest posts

Back