Its Time for A Change

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35Mastr

Mastr Blastr
Well most of you know me as a Tool Man.I am looking for a change.I was a Certified tech for almost 17 years.The Tool Biz is just not makin it after the the recession that we had this year in California.As much as I hate to say this.Is we are ready to move on out to the right place that we can work and provide for our family.

Any and all shop owners that see this.I really need some support from any and all of you.I am not lookin for any Donations.I am looking for actual work.

Things are gettin real bad around this area.

Thanks in advance.

George

Sorry to hear about the tool biz. Things seem to be tough all over lately. Hope it all works out well for you. Good luck

You aren't alone George. There was a time not so long ago I was pretty smug because on any given day I knew of 3 or 4 places where I could go to work. I had people calling me at my job making offers. Now, things have dried up to the point where I am going to have to start pounding the pavement.

Things are not good economy-wise, regardless of what the economic indicators say...........maybe in some areas, but not in SW Florida for sure. The guy who owns the deli next to my shop stopped opening up about 6 months ago because his main lunch business came from construction workers, now that there is no construction he only does catering, and that is down a whole lot he says. Some of the shops in the strip where we have ours are handing the keys back to the landlord or asking for some consessions in rent. The parking lot used to be so full you had trouble keeping people out of your assigned spots, now it is virtually empty.

Look at the retail sales this past Christmas, they were way off, and even Turkey Run's swap meet was very slow saleswise this past November. I don't see it letting up either, I think we are headed for some dry times.

I wish you well George, from what I've seen you should be an asset to anybody you go with. Good luck.

Don

Thanks for all the kind replys.I will just keep trying to keep the family together.This Recession is just really killin us.My wife also works for herself and it is just not makin it these days.She has been there 17 years.If it dosent pick up.I really dont know where we going to go from here.

I know what you mean, 35. I build garage doors in Ohio and we are dead slow. Got used to double didget growth every year, and now with the housing slump nothing! ..grouchy

Hey 35 we all are feeling the crunch I think.Where I work we are very slow as well.Had several days this past year that we were told just stay home no work.and that hurts!
Keep your head up and like said before you will be an asset whatever happens! Good luck man, you will be in my prayers!

The area here is still going great. But we are usually 6 months to a year behind everywhere else. So I can see it will hit here soon. We lack the indicators locally. Usually it is the rest of the country slowing down that finally gets us. Then we are 6 months to a year, longer coming out of it too. I am sorry to see things getting tuff. Good luck George.

Jobs

I Live In Western Ny Things Are Bad Here For Jobs But The Taxes Keep Going Up But Hang In There Youll Find A Job Rodders Are A Tough Breed Tim

sorry to hear dude, hang in there. I'm lucky that I work in collections, I'm pretty safe I think. My wife on the other hand works for a new home builder and has been dodging the axe for the last six months. It's sad because all of her co-workers used to be really nice people and now everybody is looking out for themselves and back-stabbing everyone they can to save their own skin :rolleyes:. She'll hopefully be working for the school district soon and then we'll be set. Anyways, you've got skills dude. I'm sure you can find something; just hang in there.

Latest posts

Back