Just foolin' around with Photoshop!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While visiting my kids in Austin this weekend I shot this old touring bus used back in the day by an Austin based band... the Texas Top Hands Swing Band. Always thought these old buses were beautiful!!! [cl

BoB

Attachments

• bandbus.jpg
    bandbus.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 44
While visiting my kids in Austin this weekend I shot this old touring bus used back in the day by an Austin based band... the Texas Top Hands Swing Band. Always thought these old buses were beautiful!!! [cl

BoB
Tripper I've always loved those ole round buses [cl

Jim

Not a rat, but a bit of Photoshop was used here:

The Pride of Station No. 7 - 1944 Mack Fire Truck by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

This is a composite image combining a 1944 Mack Fire Truck from the Rocky Mountain Rod & Custom Show and histroric Denver Fire Station No. 5 (changed number in Photoshop) from downtown Denver. The fire station is now home to Slater Paull Architects, after having gone through a recent remodel.

I had to tweak the perspective and scale of both the truck and the background to compensate for different shooting angles, lenses and heights. Hopefully its close, although the front of the truck is a bit off for this angle.

Each image was a three exposure HDR image created using Photomatix Pro. Used Topaz Remask for masking truck and separate mask of truck shadow. Used Topaz Adjust, Denoise and Infocus as well.

Last edited:
Cool pic Mike. If I would have stared long enough, I might have felt something was a bit off, but I never would have caught the perspective. Even when I know, it's hard to spot.

Kinda cool you mentioned what you did.

Oops, sorry about that one Sam...
Actually AMC beat me to it when they made a Gremlin X with a 390 in it.

Good looking photochop though and really, I liked the look of the Pinto OK. That was just the first thing that popped into my head. :)

My '62 Nova ragtop... I love this car!!! My Son nabbed the keys & you can imagine the rest... he's taken possession!

BoB

Attachments

• novaalley.jpg
    novaalley.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 36
Hey Tripper, could you do a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, made into a 2wheel drive slamed down, body with chopped top shorten to 2door? Or one like a roadster with t-bucket type frame? I don't have the ability to do so, just some ideas of what I want to do with mine. Many Thanks--John T.:confused:

John, your best bet is to start a new thread asking for a photochop and post a picture of your car. Somebody will take you up on it.

Hey Tripper, could you do a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, made into a 2wheel drive slamed down, body with chopped top shorten to 2door? Or one like a roadster with t-bucket type frame? I don't have the ability to do so, just some ideas of what I want to do with mine. Many Thanks--John T.

I didn't actually shorten it,I 2 doored it an put the long window in.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 39
Hey Sam Fear, thanks for the info on it's own thread, sounds like a plan.
Hey widewhites, that really looks Great! The longer window makes look like it had a mild chop. I like it. Thanks Guys[cl Later--John T.:D

Latest posts

Back