Just one peice of advice

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would add that we have to keep in mind this is our HOBBY, and working on it should be FUN, not work. Things are going to go wrong and you will get setbacks and maybe even have to scrap some part and start over, but don't get discouraged..........walk away for a day or week or month, then come back when it feels like fun again. You can't take this stuff too seriously. This isn't the car we need to have running to go to work Monday morning, so if it takes a little longer, so be it.

My Son Dan hasn't accepted this yet, if he makes a weld he isn't nuts about it ruins his whole day. Me, I put more filler on it and call it good.:D These things are just cars and are made to be driven, so you can't sweat the fact you have some little flaw that nobody but you really notices or cares about.

Don
Good advice.

My Son Dan hasn't accepted this yet, if he makes a weld he isn't nuts about it ruins his whole day. Me, I put more filler on it and call it good.:D These things are just cars and are made to be driven, so you can't sweat the fact you have some little flaw that nobody but you really notices or cares about.

Don

I used to be really picky like your son Dan. It took some of the fun out of it for me because every little detail had to be done so tediously. Now days I just put them together and don't worry about it so much. It's way more enjoyable. My cars aren't quite as nice or detailed as they used to be but I get to use them more, they are more enjoyable and less stressfull to build, and they are on the road much quicker. I say that's real good advice from a wise person. That advice rates right up there with "don't pee on an electric fence":D

I would have to say keep it simple cuase you can and willalways change it. You learn as you go and if you dont then i dont know what to tell you.;)

Latest posts

Back