Leaky pig!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

Is it bad form to have a car thats leaky [dr at a show? I have no intention on racing it, just wanna get it on the road and get to shows. Im assuming that I wont be the only one leaking, just wondering if there was any protocol for shows other than bringing a drip pan...

Thanks.

The engine in my 27 has had a persistent oil leak from the rear seal since day one. The engine has been out 3 times with 3 different seals and it still leaks. I have never spent so much money as I spent building this one and none of the others have leaked a drop. Not sure what I am going to have to do.

But, to answer your question, unless you are putting out quarts of oil don't worry about it. Most shows are on the grass and even if they are on pavement I bet after they show lots of cars were marking their territory. :D

Don

i wouldnt worry about it they all leak a bit the last show i went to was on pavement and it was raining it was like walking on rainbow oil slicks near some cars (it was on a slight hill)

You didn't say what it's leaking, water, motor oil or tranny fluid. I hate leaky old cars but it sure seems they're like an old Harley, they all leak to some degree! I usually take a lil cat litter along to shows just for good measure. :eek:

Zipper

Headed out to a local car show I overfilled the Ranchero's tranny one time & left a nice lil trail of red dots everywhere I went. I was pretty embarrassed when several people mentioned I was leaking something! I keep a big metal drip pan at the house for leaky old pieces of... :eek:

BoB

Headed out to a local car show I overfilled the Ranchero's tranny one time & left a nice lil trail of red dots everywhere I went. I was pretty embarrassed when several people mentioned I was leaking something! I keep a big metal drip pan at the house for leaky old pieces of... :eek:

BoB

not really worried about at home, I got that covered. Just dont want to be "the guy" that everyone hates showing up because of a leak...

I got to a lot of VW shows, there are always a few there that leak. We just say "VW's don't leak oil, they sweat horsepower" :p
Tim

It's when it quits leaking is when I'd be concerned:eek:...did I forget to put oil in it.[S.......I am a carshow junky...I have been in more carshows indoors and out that I care to remember and at every show there are cars that leak oil from somewhere mine included...it's just part of the sport...at most indoor events that I have been at the officials come over to all the cars and hand out plastic sheets for you to lay under your ride....I know at some events that require you to push your car into the building alot will puke oil out of the power steering leaving a trail of red fluid all over the floor....mostly Fords:D....also on another note...I read a sign at a car show once that read....Rock Chips Give Vehicles Character....Boy does mine have Character!!!!If you want your ride to stay perfect....put it in a glass case....otherwise let her leak and have fun with it.

It's when it quits leaking is when I'd be concerned:eek:...did I forget to put oil in it.[S.......I am a carshow junky...I have been in more carshows indoors and out that I care to remember and at every show there are cars that leak oil from somewhere mine included...it's just part of the sport...at most indoor events that I have been at the officials come over to all the cars and hand out plastic sheets for you to lay under your ride....I know at some events that require you to push your car into the building alot will puke oil out of the power steering leaving a trail of red fluid all over the floor....mostly Fords:D....also on another note...I read a sign at a car show once that read....Rock Chips Give Vehicles Character....Boy does mine have Character!!!!If you want your ride to stay perfect....put it in a glass case....otherwise let her leak and have fun with it.

Thanks[cl

Latest posts

Back