Long time lurker, first time builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I said original body line but I bought a replacement one and welded it in. Mine was completely gone, nothing solid to weld to. I thought about doing away with the line but it is in the doors and hood.

Coulda done both =) Save yourself double welding on the chop...:):)

Some new progress

I started putting new dash in yesterday and thought I would share. I took a 1955 Chevy dash and cut in to 4 pieces and welded her back up and this is what I have so far what do you guys think? ME LIKEY!!!

Attachments

• fitting dash.jpg
    fitting dash.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 83
  • 55 chevy dash in progress.jpg
    55 chevy dash in progress.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 55 Chevy dash in truck.jpg
    55 Chevy dash in truck.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 78
  • dash in progress.jpg
    dash in progress.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 76
Swap meet find

The big spring swap meet was this past weekend and I spent a little cash to add to the cool factor. I picked up this Offenhauser with 3 Rochesters. The breathers are going bye bye since they are too shiny.

Attachments

• Three Deuce.jpg
    Three Deuce.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 80
The big spring swap meet was this past weekend and I spent a little cash to add to the cool factor. I picked up this Offenhauser with 3 Rochesters. The breathers are going bye bye since they are too shiny.

Hey if you are gettin rid of the breathers I'll take the oil fill breather :)

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I started the rebuild of the carbs today. First Carb rebuild, wooo it is a lot to get just right not once but three times. :cool:

Chop has started

Well yesterday was the day. I have officially started the chop. I first braced everything up and 7" was cut out. I had to cut the top into 3 pieces to get thing to line up correct. I could have kept in 2 and made some relief cuts but opted for a cut above the back window, where a 1 1/2" filler piece will be added. I now have some clamps and vise grips holding things in place. I am going to spend the day today welding everything back up.

Attachments

• CUT.jpg
    CUT.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 76
  • CUT #2.jpg
    CUT #2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75
  • CUT AND CLAMPED.jpg
    CUT AND CLAMPED.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 85
  • FRONT SHOT OF CUT.jpg
    FRONT SHOT OF CUT.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 79
  • ready for chop.jpg
    ready for chop.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 85
  • REAR SHOT OF CUT.jpg
    REAR SHOT OF CUT.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 87
chop progress

I spent a full day in the garage welding waiting, welding waiting geez. I ended up with roof in 3 pieces and had to add a 3 1/2" strip between front and rear half. Pie cut pillars to get to match up correct. I have the back window tacked in but not happy with it. I think I may try to fab something up. It is just to ate up. Will post some detailed pics after I get them off camera but here are a couple of shots of the truck outside.

Attachments

• chopped outside side view.jpg
    chopped outside side view.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 67
  • Front outside.jpg
    Front outside.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 74
  • outside chopped.jpg
    outside chopped.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back