Wanted Looking for a Windshield Frame or??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for either the bottom rail portion or a complete windshield frame, preferably minus the glass for my '27 Essex coupe, aka: "MaseRATi". I'm thinking that it doesn't even need to be from an Essex since almost everything back then had flat windshields. And being a retired machinist, design engineer as well as a lifelong motorhead, I'm sure that whatever I can scrounge up work I"ll be able to make it work. Of course, being a rat rodder as well as a retired old fart, I'm not looking to spend much on this, especially if someone just has an old bottom rail from whatever lying around collecting dust or rust I'm in NorCal but can pick it up this weekend at Hot August Nights if anyone is going to be there. Just let me know what you have and we'll go from there.
Motor On, Curt

Attachments

• received_1045923106444063.jpeg
    received_1045923106444063.jpeg
    1.6 MB
I'm looking for either the bottom rail portion or a complete windshield frame, preferably minus the glass for my '27 Essex coupe, aka: "MaseRATi". I'm thinking that it doesn't even need to be from an Essex since almost everything back then had flat windshields. And being a retired machinist, design engineer as well as a lifelong motorhead, I'm sure that whatever I can scrounge up work I"ll be able to make it work. Of course, being a rat rodder as well as a retired old fart, I'm not looking to spend much on this, especially if someone just has an old bottom rail from whatever lying around collecting dust or rust I'm in NorCal but can pick it up this weekend at Hot August Nights if anyone is going to be there. Just let me know what you have and we'll go from there.
Motor On, Curt
Have you snooped around on daBay?

Well, I was able to score a decent complete frame with what used to be glass still attached for a nice price locally from a new car buddy, who turns out to be a high school auto shop teacher, which is so cool, I wish my old HS auto shop teacher was that cool when I was in HS in the mid 70's. Heck, he was such a big fuddy-duddy. I'm sure he had to have been an old career military guy just by the way he never smiled or joked around. He used to bark at us on Fridays, which was the day we could bring in our own rides to work on, because if any of us tried showing off a little and try blowing out a little carbon by blipping the throttle a little as we pulled in the shop he would just point to the door and you were not going to get a chance to work on your car after all... Good ol' "AJ" was what we always called him behind his back because those were his initials of his first (Arthur) name and middle (F, heck none of us knew what the heck it was...) but of course it was "Mr. Flynn" when he was around.

Latest posts

Back