looking for scrap yard photo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toledo

hey guys im looking for photos of piles of old cars one of my oldest memories is goin to the scrapyard with my dad and seeing these huge stacks of cars towering above us awesome vintage frontends just a sad but beutiful site to see anyway anyone got any pics of vintage piles ,,,thanks mike

like this but with 30's cars

ive got a specific pic in my head and im not sure if it was a dream or if ive actuallly seen it:D

Attachments

• SuperStock_1570R-127460.jpg
    SuperStock_1570R-127460.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 268
  • tumblr_leawehmIAh1qaivtro1_500.jpg
    tumblr_leawehmIAh1qaivtro1_500.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 217
well i dont have any pictures but my grandpa said that there was a wash up in the hills north of here that would claim lots of cars back in the 30's. the road would get wet a googey and they would slid in with no way to get them out he said there was probally close to 50 of them and they just sat for years untill world war 2 then everybody hauled them off for scrap :(

my gradpa even had a few of his cars in the wash one was a model A sedan he cut into a pickup truck he wishes he still had that thing evev though he had to strap a five gallon bucket of waste oil to the hood with a hose running into the engine just to go 60 miles lol

omg

bigt442 thats awesome wow the shelby is heartbreaking i can spend hours looking at them thanks,,,mike[dr

:(:(:(im going to go cry now :(:( what is a shelby doing in a junkyard? who would do such a thing to such an awsome and very vaulable car?

Whats even worse is I know where there is a junk yard that has a wrecked 1968 Shelby GT 500 KR sitting in it rotting away and the owner will not part with it, nor will he let any one take any parts off it. The passenger side is wrecked. It is red with white stripes. I'll have to go to that junk yard once it dries out some and get a few pics.....The junk yard is all Ford for the most part

Yes it is truly a shame to see but as we see new cars today and would not give it a thought, but I am sure that some day some one else will say the same thing about our cars of today when they see them stacked up in the scrap yard.
The last pic is of just pedal cars.[P

i think itll be different the old cars had beuty and style chrome and attidude plus they were all discarded like plian garbage and we all know now that it was a waste ,,,,newer stuff will be dissassemble inventoried and crushed to be hidden from society for fear of some snob saying they dont wanna see a bunch junk from the window of there home ,,,,,whatever i love junkyards and always have i guess thats part of who i am ,,anyway thanks agian for the pics they make awesome screen savers and i surprized at how many people have viewed it but bt442 is the only one to post any pics and for that u da man,,man must be a buckeye thing lol:cool:

I truely have a thing for old junkyards. In there day they were a place to put old wrecked or worn out cars and trucks to be sold for parts. Today I could spend hours looking thru them. They are works of art and if they could only talk the stories they could tell. Those places are getting hard to find. I am in Ohio and there aren't any around me any more.
1045-1.jpg

car-2.jpg

in_oldcars001.jpg

in_oldcars002.jpg

in_oldcars003.jpg

in_oldcars004.jpg

in_oldcars006.jpg

in_oldcars007.jpg

in_oldcars008.jpg

I will have to dig around in my old computer to find some more. Most of these are pictures that I have collected not taken personally.

the pics are frickin awesome keepem comin i keep checkin back to stare at them see something new everytime the caddy is sweet i use to get the calenders from hemmings i think ,,each month had a rusting lost soul to look at from across the u.s.a maybe ill dig them out and see if i can still get one ,,,thanks agian for the pics,,toledo

here are a few i took at a yard in Minnesota a few years back

Attachments

• Junkyard pics 004.jpg
    Junkyard pics 004.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Junkyard pics 006.jpg
    Junkyard pics 006.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Junkyard pics 005.jpg
    Junkyard pics 005.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 59
  • Junkyard pics 003.jpg