Lost Junkyard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

Ok I have found a Junkyard near me in Gainsville That is AWESOME!

If i had to guess it was a working junkyard from the late 50's through early 80's the main years i seemed to have saw were 40's and 50's models with random others but only a handful of late 70's early 80's

With directions and knowing the area I still couldnt find this place it is only open half a day on wednesday only and when i was there there wasnt really anyone there

there are complete cars wrecked cars misc parts and anything else you can think of including multiple semi trailers full of NOS parts

By the time i found the place I only had an hour until they closed and was rushing around trying to see it all and I dont believe i did see all of it

I will be going back next week and going early so i can wander slowly

i took over 100 pictures and was just awestuck by the amount of tin still in there

I am going to load some of the pictures if yall want me to load all of them just let me know and i will

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Gainsville, eh? Let me know how the prices are, I may have to take a ride up there.

It is owned by an older gentalman named Al and him and his son Jeff are the ones that were there. I have heard the dad is full of stories and loves to talk and if you get to know them the prices are better.

I still don't know what all I need but I am going to keep going there and bs'ing with them till I figure it out. They seem like great guys.

They have a lot of ford truck stuff and I was looking for Chevy so they told me about a place an hour from them in fl called old gold and said he has thousands of cars

And then 2 other older gentalem that were there started telling me about a huge place in Ga and then they all went out to the parking lot and started messing with their old cars. By the time i left we were on a name basis and I have Al's number so I can call to make sure they are there that Wednesday before I come up

It was an all around awesome experience and I would go there before Disney. Lol

Do they sell whole cars or no?

And I would go there before Disney anyway!!

Yeah, the Zephyer is going to Sweden. And they were asking me which one i wanted to take home for a project. It looks like areas have been cleared to get other cars out they have sold.

If you buy one you might need to bring a chainsaw. Lol

David, that place is absolutely unbelievable ! :eek: They have no idea how much money they could make, or how my car nuts they could help out, if they would only organize and market the parts well. Everytime I see something like this I feel like offering to step in and help them get these parts inventoried and put in the hands of people who could use them.

Amazing.

Don

WOW, the grills in the three 58 fords!! Don't see those often
side by side!!

Thanks for sharing the pics, sure make the blood start pumping!!

David, that place is absolutely unbelievable ! :eek: They have no idea how much money they could make, or how my car nuts they could help out, if they would only organize and market the parts well. Everytime I see something like this I feel like offering to step in and help them get these parts inventoried and put in the hands of people who could use them.

Amazing.

Don

Hey Don, on your way up there stop in and get me, I'll ride along with you ;)

If nothing else, you have raw ARTWORK in those photos. Who here wouldnt like to have one of those shots hanging in the garage? Nice stuff. I hope some of the relics get saved. That's a museum.

Amazing.

Don

I agree completely and feel the same way just walking around seeing lights trim pieces and just stupid things like that when they are sitting there and noone knows about them

That is one reason I took so many pictures and I will be taking more to try to get it out there for the people that are looking for it

I honestly cant wait to go back and just wander aimlessly

Any one is welcome to join me I will be going next wednesday so on forever lol

All I want is the 40 Ford pickups and panel, the 48 Merc, the Metro van and and .....

Yeah I have fallen in love with the Studabaker Commander I believe it is around a 48 and that Merc was nice too as for the 40 fords i am thinking that might be my front axle for my truck

If nothing else, you have raw ARTWORK in those photos. Who here wouldnt like to have one of those shots hanging in the garage? Nice stuff. I hope some of the relics get saved. That's a museum.

AMEN!:cool:

Used to be a couple of places like this near my parent's place. One of 'em had a massive cleanout a few years back. Apparently, it's now been sold and the new owners are bringing in more "old stuff?" Dunno where they'll find more around here...:(

Another one was out in the hills for about 60 years, the owner passed on last year. I haven't been back, but have heard a nephew or something may have inherited it and continues to run it... I need to get out there come early fall.

Thank you for sharing your photos. They are indeed art, that is indeed a museum.:cool:[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back