Merc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullins

My 50 Merc project.

Attachments

• 321.jpg
    321.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 44
mercury build

Rainman, I'm posting them for you buddy!!!

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 33
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 29
Posting more pics

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • ice cream 101.jpg
    ice cream 101.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 31
  • ice cream 105.jpg
    ice cream 105.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 26
  • ice cream 106.jpg
    ice cream 106.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25
  • 349.jpg
    349.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
You kind of got me scratching my head, which of those frames did you use?
Love the way that one was grafted!! Hadn't seen it done just like that!
What frames are they, is it the stock center section? Little info! ha ha
[cl[cl

Looks to be the stock frame with a front clip and mod'd to add truck arms in the rear.

What's the front clip? It looks fairly old design, but it's got rear steer.

I went back and figured out where I went wrong on what I was seeing!
Thought the front was the back in that one pic! Looked grafted on both ends, I get it now!!

Small block chevy. Now that's thinking outside the box!

To quote my friend Randy - "Complaining about small block Chevy's is the new flat black". Get over it dude. Know what's cool? DRIVING your car!

Anyways, the Merc is sitting righteous, but the front track is a little wide. Check into some narrowed A-arms maybe?

Rear suspension is from No Limit engineering, they call it nascar type suspension but allows the rear to have 9 inches of air ride travel. The front is sub framed with a early 68 nova with rear steer. Track is fine on width. The wheel and tires on it are to big right now. They are just junk wheels and tires to roll it now. As far as small block chevy comment. I don't care what others think about that. I'm making it to where I can jump in it and drive it wherever and whenever I want. I bought the same engine for my 55 GMC Car hauler I built. I use it daily and never have to worry about it not starting. I'm a believer in GM crate engines. Can't beat the price, performance, and the reliability of them.
I originally bought this car for my Dad as a retirement gift. He retired early as I was starting to work on it. He unexpectedly passed away four month afterwards. I never touched the car for over a year after he passed. It was a dream car for my Dad. He always loved looking at the mercs. I'm taking my time on the car. It's one car that my boy will end up with someday. I'm hoping to have it up and at least cruising this coming year. Not finished but up and driving. Dads Dream is what I named it. In the background of the picture is the only picture I have of my Dad with it. He was telling my friend and myself he wanted caddy tail lights. Well it has them. I can't wait to be able to take my son for long cruises down some backroads in it. Thanks again for all the good comments, Rob

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 15
NIce chop and the car looks solid. The only thing that I might question is the rear shock crossmember and maybe the need for some gusseting on each bag top mount. It looks like that tube will flex and the mounts might also with all the weight of the car on them.

Not trying to be an a**, just wondering, :)

Don

Don, I hope it holds up. It was a direct weld in kit from No Limit Engineering. They have been featured street rodder magazine and have had articles written about the set up. They say it's the best set up out there. It's a pretty solid set up in person. I have the body on the frame now. I had the frame powder coated before the body was dropped onto it and bolted down. So I guess we see if it holds up at this point. Thanks for your concerns, Rob

Latest posts

Back