Micro$oft running a car... NO THANKS!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Just the thought of Micro$oft running a car is one of the scariest things I can imagine! Mrs Tripper has a small Lincoln SUV that has the M$ entertainment center in the dash & I can only say... it's a real POS! Doesn't work properly, phone won't sync 1/2 the time, controls work sporadically & it'll *never* sync to an iPod. Having them run the elec system would scare the holy baajezzus out of me!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57401890-75/how-the-mustang-would-look-if-microsoft-ran-detroit/?tag=mncol;topStories

BoB

fix.jpg

Just the thought of Micro$oft running a car is one of the scariest things I can imagine! Mrs Tripper has a small Lincoln SUV that has the M$ entertainment center in the dash & I can only say... it's a real POS! Doesn't work properly, phone won't sync 1/2 the time, controls work sporadically & it'll *never* sync to an iPod. Having them run the elec system would scare the holy baajezzus out of me!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57401890-75/how-the-mustang-would-look-if-microsoft-ran-detroit/?tag=mncol;topStories

BoB

AGREED!!!!
I finally made the jump to apple, with the phone to start, then a year later to the iPad. And once my dell dies (sooner then later I'm sure) I will be going Mac.
As far as the cars ECM, that would be the dumbest idea ever! Similar to mass suicide! An ECM should NEVER be modified by Microsoft. All I see is the Blue Screen of Death spread across my windsheild!

As far as all the goofy crap like cameras and heads up displays, sure, okay, I guess. But NEVER the vehicle managment systems!

***maverick beat me to the punch :)

No way

They'll have to add another lane on the highways for the sole purpose of turning all the cars off so they can reboot :D

Agreed - Ford made a baaad call with rushing in with this Sync stuff. Thier quality ratings were pretty much matching Toyota's and then fell in the toilet, all because of people complaining about the POS computer.

My buddy has one in his fancy F150. It's cool I guess, but every time he tries to show me something on it, it doesnt work. It also controls the interior lighting color (blue, red, etc) and that is now broken and stuck on purple.

That'll simplify the paperwork for law enforcement and coroners.

"If none of the above applies enter Microsoft error code."

On the positive side, you could play X-Box while you wait for roadside assistance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's scary. I don't even want Microsoft on my computers, much less running my car. There are many reasons why I migrated to Linux years ago - the main being to avoid those damn blue screens of death.

As much trouble as I have with computers, the thought of having this much computer technology crammed in a motor vehicle gives me a headache and turns me completely off to the idea. Nobody will be able to troubleshoot and repair these cars. They will be disposable.

Latest posts

Back