Model AA frame front half same as Model A?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_bull

My wife found a 1929 model AA truck that followed us home. After shoring up the frame rails with temporary cross members, I knocked off all the brackets that I knew we wouldn't be using. Also the front crossmember was loosely bolted in. I bought a 32 front crossmember to weld into my (her) newly boxed in frame. It looks as if the caster angle is built into the aftermarket crossmember. My question is if the frame rails are the same on both vehicles? We are turning into a 1/2 ton truck as opposed the 1.5 ton that is was originally. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5256.jpeg
    IMG_5256.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_5237.jpeg
    IMG_5237.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • IMG_5230.jpeg
    IMG_5230.jpeg
    1.7 MB
Not sure if it's the same as an A model. I used the front of the frame off a double A for my 31 by welding it to a Jeep frame. Cut the jeep frame mid hump of the front wheel arch and slipped the AA frame pieces inside the jeep frame. Fit like a glove and gave me a little stretch in over all length and original looking horns up front. Made my own cross member.

I was always under the impression that the AA frame was taller and made of thicker material. I'm not an expert though. If it is the case I would prefer the AA frame for the added strength.
It does seem awful thick for sure. I still boxed it in just to make sure, but it's getting heavy really quick :D

Latest posts

Back