Motorcycle throttle bodies on a car engine...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Ok. My A.D.D brain is at it again. I have a northstar cadillac engine and I am thinking of fabbing up a hilborn style injection set up for it. I am thinking of using 06 GSXR 600 throttle body set ups for the base. I am just using the blade and body area of it. All the rest of the stuff will be automotive. They seem to have enough size (38mm bore on each cylinder). I will put the injector into the base under the blade. I think with the stacks, and the fact that they look kinda Hemi ish it will be a cool motor. I plan on converting it so I can run an LS1 styl 0411 PCM. Then I might try fabbing up a bell housing to run a modern 4L60E off the rear of it. What do you think?

Holy Crap!!! You do think outside the box....

Ok. My A.D.D brain is at it again. I have a northstar cadillac engine and I am thinking of fabbing up a hilborn style injection set up for it. I am thinking of using 06 GSXR 600 throttle body set ups for the base. I am just using the blade and body area of it. All the rest of the stuff will be automotive. They seem to have enough size (38mm bore on each cylinder). I will put the injector into the base under the blade. I think with the stacks, and the fact that they look kinda Hemi ish it will be a cool motor. I plan on converting it so I can run an LS1 styl 0411 PCM. Then I might try fabbing up a bell housing to run a modern 4L60E off the rear of it. What do you think?

What you are describing sounds more than feasible.....as you say, it would be like independant throttle bodies .....don't see any reason it wouldnt' work...and with the LS pcm you'd have the injector timing down...as for the 4l60e....why not..can't believe they don't have one out there..but certainly can be machined.... is this what you think about while out on patrol????? LOL

is this what you think about while out on patrol????? LOL

lol! Yea this is what I think about when I am out. A.D.D is tough! I did a little research and it seems there is one guy out there that did just this on a northstar powered IMSA wide bodied Fiero. He used 97 GSXR TB's but basically the same thing. I was thinking of stuffing it 1/2 way under the cowl of my 29 Essex body and make it look like an altered. I really should be working on my 50 GMC, my Datsun, Chevelle, Buell chopper project or honey do house list. But what fun this would be![cl

man i wonder if you could find some old bike carbs for the same idea and run without all the fancy electronics.

or am i reading the op wrong.

man i wonder if you could find some old bike carbs for the same idea and run without all the fancy electronics.

or am i reading the op wrong.

yeah but he'd have to rebuild them every spring GGGGGGGGGGGGGG

if you go to the H*** forum and do a search for "homemade electronic fuel injection" a ton of stuff will come up on this type of setup. one guy used the GSXR throttle bodies and PCM was from mega squirt. pretty cool idea!

I dont see why it wouldn't work. But if you do some research, I have seen several DIY fuel injection setups online, it don't look to difficult!!

Latest posts

Back