My First 1950 chevy truck build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millaway31

I just joined this site, i've recently started building my first rat rod and ran across this site, you guys have some nice looking rides. i've posted some pictures and any advice you guys have i will greatly appreciate. i have my frame swap almost done, just like bolting the cab on. One issue my old truck has is rusted floor pans but i dont want to put aftermarket sheet metal pans back in it just because i dont really want anything on this truck to be "NICE" i just want a thrown together HOT ROD, thats what hot rodding is all about, just use what you have laying around. Any ideas on what to use for floor pans?

Attachments

• 0723111348a.jpg
    0723111348a.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 1107111738.jpg
    1107111738.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 0731111517.jpg
    0731111517.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 47
Agreed

I go along with Lucky Devil with one small change. Use rusty old metal from some other truck, like old bedside or the back of the cab. The only part that won't look old will be the welds. Looks like a good project so keep us up on the build. Steve

floor pans

l have used flat hoods, like off nova's or chevelle's or impala's, roofs of the same kind of cars, used floor pans out old cars l had getting ready to scrap and parts off a horse trailer.

just limited by what's on hand and you're imagination.

just make sure the two surfaces that are being welded together is clean.

for a transmission hump/firewall recess l used a wheelbarrow l had laying around for my dodge truck.

Later :cool:

I've got a 47 that I'm building. I used the floor out of a 91 full sized Chevy truck. It made it way easier to get the seat out of the91 to mount to the floor![;)

I used part of the bed of my F100 for the floor in my Olds. Also used some diamond plate, part of a Ranger cab, some metal off a 85 Cutlass, and some sheet metal off another truck.

Welcome from Tejas!!! You definitely have a good start there & can't wait to follow u're progress! I've had several AD's & always loved the lines of those trucks! Gonna make a very nice cruiser!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

a little more progress

got the headers on, not exactly street legal but it fits the rat rod look and i'm digging it.

Attachments

• 0505121415.jpg
    0505121415.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back