My new "crate" engine.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old school mini bikes are cool!!!! I have been looking at buying 1 or 2 maybe 3 (I have 3 kids) but my wife keeps looking at me kind of weird. She says she has th psych ward on speed dial........:eek:

Yeah, you know it is one of those things that if you try to explain to someone why you want one everything you say comes up sounding dumb. I have no idea why I was looking for one, but I really had fun putting it together. But like you, I think my Sons are ready to commit me. :D

When my Sons were about 9 or 10 they had a couple of mini bikes, and I would drag race them with my riding lawn mower down the driveway. I would get them out of the hole, but they would pull me on top end. My Wife kept saying something about "MY 3 Sons!"

Don

I missed this one some how. I also have a 1968 Rupp mini bike that I am building.

Lots of info and tech on those motors from HF at www.oldminibikes.com

Have you had any issues with it dying on you while cornering? If so you will need to bypass the oil pressure safety. Pretty common on the 6.5 clones.

No problems yet George, but to be honest I don't exactly take corners very fast on this thing.:eek: But I'll keep that in mind, especially if I finally get brave. :D

Those little Rupps are cool. What are you going to use yours for?

Don

[P

IMG_2695.jpg

Latest posts

Back