My New Ride or The Wife is HAPPY!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
700r-4 ?

I agree with Tripper but, where do ya get a 700r-4 for a '63 389 Poncho, the starter bolts to the tranny not the block :eek:
They didn't bolt starters to blocks until '64 on a Pontiac :(

Jim

I agree with Tripper but, where do ya get a 700r-4 for a '63 389 Poncho, the starter bolts to the tranny not the block :eek:
They didn't bolt starters to blocks until '64 on a Pontiac :(

Jim
Wilcap Adaptors makes a kit to install any Chevy trans. I was talked out of the 700R because of the tight fit.

I love the Gran Prix.....nice ride....

I love my 63 Bonne.....my wife can't drive a stick though...[cl just kidding...this is actually an old pic....still looks the same, just runs better since the new engine..... hope your wife is happy with hers....great car...

Attachments

• 63 from back.jpg
    63 from back.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 9
I love my 63 Bonne.....my wife can't drive a stick though...[cl just kidding...this is actually an old pic....still looks the same, just runs better since the new engine..... hope your wife is happy with hers....great car...
My wife is only 4'10" so she needs a pillow behind her to reach the pedals. LOL

UPDATE: The Wilcap Adapter came in. Jeez, the holes in the plate had to elongated to bolt to the block. The flex plate spacer had to be milled so the starter could engage the teeth of the flex plate. It uses a mopar starter........What happened to the days when parts actually fit?

What a pain, moved the cross member, shortened the driveshaft and got a new yolk for the trans and had to redo the header pipe. The original yolk, the tooth pattern was fine but the yolk was too thick. Now she's done with a small stall converter and a shift kit. Works great!

Latest posts

Back