need help with lowering 49' ford f1 front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev_to_red

already have the rear done with an axle over and have 4 leafs taken out but im clueless on what would be the best way to do the front. ive seen monoleafs and drop axles. both combined will provide a 5" drop, but at a price of near 1000$... ill pass. is there an easier way to achieve a healthy drop with using stock parts like you can on the rear? any help will be greatly appreciated.

ok read a thread on jalopyjournal that the 3" drop axle and removing some leafs will do the same as the axle/mono leaf and be half the price. may try this and if its not enough may try the reversed spring eye.

someone else may be able to give more details, but i know i've read about guys flipping the front axle like you did the back....there is the oilpan to consider, but i don't know of any other major issues...
maybe try a search for front axle flip?

front end drop

Do you have a spring shop in your town or close by, we used to have springs rearched for lifting, or dearched for lowering, a good spring shop can take your spring pack and build a new main leaf and reverse the eyes, that and a lowered axle will get it down in the weeds, there are guys that will lower your axle.

All from speedway,can't remember the cost but is was under a grand.(not including disc brakes)
DSC04387.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

that looks good and all but so far i only have 30$ in my build including the truck so im trying to keep cost down.. i may have it figured out so im going to see what i can come up with.

Latest posts

Back